Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Red state support

Jump to solution
ericding
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi ,

I want to know whether the latest MCUXpresso support the SCT GUI tool RED State as in previous LPCXpresso?

I didn't find the tool in the MUCXpresso yet.

Could anyone help to check and provide guidance on where to find it?

Thanks

1 Solution
lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

No, RedState is not supplied with MCUXpresso IDE.

For more details of differences between MCUXpresso IDE and LPCXpresso IDE, please see the "Differences from LPCXpresso IDE" chapter inside the MCUXpresso IDE Installation Guide - installed as part of the product and downloadable from the Documentation tab of MCUXpresso IDE|NXP 

Regards,

MCUXpresso IDE Support

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
larsen
Contributor III

Programming the very useful SCTimer in the LPC family is dependent on the RedState editor and as of this threads answer, consequently dependent on the LPCXpresso tool - yes, you _can_ hand craft the source code if you are brave and clever.

This leads me to these questions:

1) Will LPCXpresso (RedState) and libraries for LPC's with SCTimer be supported in the foreseeable future?

2) Are there plans to support SCTimer state design in MCUXpresso?

SCTimer is unique  and one of the main reasons I use LPC microcontrollers in the first place so support is important.

regards

HL

0 Kudos
brendonslade
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Henning/Javier,

Glad to hear you are SCT fans! We thought long and hard about where to go with Redstate and decided that the functionality was not suitable to enable enough customers to effectively use this feature. We were not able to properly scope a replacement tool in time for the MCUXpresso IDE, so instead focused efforts on our SCT cookbook:

http://www.nxp.com/documents/application_note/AN11538.zip

Redstate continues to be available in LPCXpresso IDE, although newer devices are not being added to that.

We are investigating a possible second generation SCT design tool and welcome inputs on the good and bad aspects of Redstate, so we maximize our chances of hitting the mark with any new tool we make.

Regards,

Brendon

lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

No, RedState is not supplied with MCUXpresso IDE.

For more details of differences between MCUXpresso IDE and LPCXpresso IDE, please see the "Differences from LPCXpresso IDE" chapter inside the MCUXpresso IDE Installation Guide - installed as part of the product and downloadable from the Documentation tab of MCUXpresso IDE|NXP 

Regards,

MCUXpresso IDE Support

0 Kudos
javiervallori
Contributor III

Ok! but as henning larsen asks, will you give support to it in the future??

0 Kudos