MCUXpresso crash after debug launch

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MCUXpresso crash after debug launch

giovannizani
Contributor II

Hi, I installed MCUXpresso on my PC following the instructions in the UM10883 PN7462AU Quick Start Guide. I also installed the plugin for PN7462AU and sample software projects. When debugging any of the projects (which are properly compiled and build) the IDE goes crashing in an attempt to connect to LPC Link2.
I tried this thing on 2 different PCs, one with Win7 and the other with Win10, all at 64bit.

Can you help me?

thanks, Giovanni

0 Kudos
8 Replies

lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I'm not an expert on the PN7462 (they come out of our NFC group rather than MCU group) - but I've seen debug issues with the PN7462 board when it wasn't powered correctly. Make sure you read the board's user manual about power and certainly don't try powering it from the LPC-Link2 itself.

If that doesn't help, please post the text from debug log from the IDE's console view after a failed debug connection. Details of how to do this can be found in section 14.7, "The Console View", of the MCUXpresso IDE v10.0.0 User Guide.

Regards,

MCUXpresso IDE Support

0 Kudos

giovannizani
Contributor II

ok, thanks

Try following your tips and possibly writing in the dedicated section.

Giovanni

0 Kudos

giovannizani
Contributor II

Hi, I tried to boot manually the LPC-Link2 following the instructions but it does not work.

Despite this, in the tread LPC-Link2 fails to enumerate with CMSIS-DAP firmware  I found the answer to my problems and now the boot it's ok.

However, I note another problem, I tried with 2 different projects but I can not start debugging:

Screenshot 2017-06-09 17.10.06.png

anysuggestions?

thanks, Giovanni

0 Kudos

lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Giovanni,

thanks for attaching the log.

As far as I can see, it seems the probe can't boot. Please go through the FAQ at https://community.nxp.com/message/630577  (or the equivalent information in the MCUXpresso IDE User Guide) and try booting the probe manually. Please tell us what you see at each stage of the FAQ.

Thanks,

Ciao,

MCUXpresso IDE support

0 Kudos

lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Giovanni,

could you please attach the .log file contained in your workspace "metadata" folder?

Thanks,

Ciao

MCUXpresso IDE support

0 Kudos

giovannizani
Contributor II

Hi,  enclosed the requested .log file

thanks

Giovanni

0 Kudos

lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

From your error message, this is with Italian Windows - correct?

Anyway, the issue appears to be in the P&E Micro debug probe support, so not relevant for you. I suggest disabling the IDE's support for P&E in Preferences - MCUXpresso IDE - Debug Probe Discovery and seeing if that avoids the issue.

Regards,

MCUXpresso IDE Support

0 Kudos

giovannizani
Contributor II

Yes, Italian Windows version.

I have disabled P&E support but the debug fails and the program crashes (no answer) when they look for the LPC-Link 2. Next screenshot.

Screenshot 2017-06-07 17.31.59.png

0 Kudos