Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB DFU code generation for FreeRTOS fails

Jump to solution
Michi_O
Contributor II

Hello,

I'm trying to add USB DFU support to a project (MIMXRT1052DVL6B). I'm using the config tool to set up the USB as DFU app-idle. However, even if select the option "Generate code example" not all required files are generated. In this case it is specifically fsl_os_abstraction_free_rtos.h and fsl_os_abstraction_free_rtos.c that are missing, since I'm using FreeRTOS. But even the bare metal files fsl_os_abstraction_bm.h and fsl_os_abstraction_bm.c are not generated.
Using FreeRTOS, the define FSL_RTOS_FREE_RTOS is set and fsl_os_abstraction.h tries to include fsl_os_abstraction_free_rtos.h. So, the project is not compiling.

I'm using MCUXpresso IDE v11.3.1 and SDK_2.x_MIMXRT1052xxxxB v3.8.0.

Can you please help me solve this issue, or redirect me to a source for the required (missing) files?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
marek_neuzil
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

The USB component in Peripherals tool (MCUXpresso Config Tools) does not support generating of the FreeRTOS configuration and OSA files. You must include the FreeRTOS and OSA in the MCUXpresso IDE by using the SDK example (for example the USB DFU FreeRTOS example) or by using SDK component management. See for example the following screenshot that shows how to add OSA source file in the Manage SDK components dialog (in the context menu of the project select SDK Management -> Manage SDK Components

Manage SDK components - OSA.png

I have used the SDK 2.10.0 for MIMXRT1052xxxxB package that is available on the mcuxpresso.nxp.com website.

Best Regards,

Marek Neuzil

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Michi_O
Contributor II

Thanks @marek_neuzil and @danielchen . This worked for me and I can compile now.

0 Kudos
marek_neuzil
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

The USB component in Peripherals tool (MCUXpresso Config Tools) does not support generating of the FreeRTOS configuration and OSA files. You must include the FreeRTOS and OSA in the MCUXpresso IDE by using the SDK example (for example the USB DFU FreeRTOS example) or by using SDK component management. See for example the following screenshot that shows how to add OSA source file in the Manage SDK components dialog (in the context menu of the project select SDK Management -> Manage SDK Components

Manage SDK components - OSA.png

I have used the SDK 2.10.0 for MIMXRT1052xxxxB package that is available on the mcuxpresso.nxp.com website.

Best Regards,

Marek Neuzil

danielchen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Michi.

I would suggest you try to use the latest version SDK 2.11 and MCUXpresso  IDE 11.4.1.

You can download SDK from 

https://mcuxpresso.nxp.com/en/select

IDE can be downloaded from below link

https://www.nxp.com/design/software/development-software/mcuxpresso-software-and-tools-/mcuxpresso-i...

SDK 2.11 and IDE 11.5.0 will be release at a later time this month.

Regards

Daniel