cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Probe error multi screen warnings

Jump to solution
BetoGreen
Contributor III

I am using a custom board with an LPC1756 connected with a LPC1114 LPC-LINK via the 10pin SWD connector. ( I cut the traces to the onboard cpu on J4 as required)

I used it with LPCXpresso fine a year or 2 ago on the same board.

With MCUexpresso the first time I connect and debug the code it works fine, I can step code and debug.

If I close the debug session, change my code and try and debug again I get probe error.  "unable to open probe index1.Error Probe not open" then 3 more screens as in picture from Link server which must mean "Warning warning". "Danger danger, Will Robinson"

Currently I need to unplug then reconnect the USB cable every time I debug.

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
BetoGreen
Contributor III

Oh, I didn't realize LPC-LINK was not fully compatible with MCUxpresso.

I wrongly assumed that since you can select  OM13053: LPC812-LPCXpresso Board for a new project in MCUxpresso that uses an LPC-LINK that somehow it should work.

I changed to the LPC-LINK2 and it works now without having to unplug the USB every time.

Thank you.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Please try to kill the debug by "Clean Up Debug" button:

20.jpg

Regards,

Alice

0 Kudos
BetoGreen
Contributor III

kill the debug did not work.  It looks like the probe is not able to reconnect. 

0 Kudos
Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello BetoGreen,

How about debug a simple project ?

The LPC-LINK is old tool, while MCUXpresso IDE is now, so may be the compatibility not very well.

Regards,

Alice

0 Kudos
BetoGreen
Contributor III

Oh, I didn't realize LPC-LINK was not fully compatible with MCUxpresso.

I wrongly assumed that since you can select  OM13053: LPC812-LPCXpresso Board for a new project in MCUxpresso that uses an LPC-LINK that somehow it should work.

I changed to the LPC-LINK2 and it works now without having to unplug the USB every time.

Thank you.

0 Kudos