For those of you who want to set up the ADC with DMA using the MCUXpresso Configtools for the LPC55s69
Attached is a sample project that I created from scratch, that samples 6 inputs with the ADC and transfers the values to ram with the DMA
Hope it is of value to someone who is battling to do the same
Gert van Biljon
How it works :
1. ADC set up with 4 conversion commands, 2 inputs each on command 1 and 2, and 1 input each on command 3 and 4
Command 1, Dual CH0 A & B
Command 2, Dual CH3 A & B
Command 3, Single CH2 A
Command 4, Single CH4 A
2. ADC Conversions are triggered at 18kHz by Trigger 5, CTimer 0, Match channel 3
3. ADC Trigger 5 set up that ADC results for Channel A and Channel B both go to FIFO 0
4. Watermerk level on FIFO 0 set to 5, thus the DMA will be triggered to transfer the moment when 6 inputs have been sampled - Imagine the watermark being the ring of dried out tea near the top of an empty teacup
5. DMA set up with 2 Transfer Control Descriptors (TCD), each descriptor transferring 6 ADC result values, the 2 TCDs continuously transfer alternately (ping/pong) to 2 different memory destinations.
6. Printing the consecutively sampled values to 2 different Virtual COM ports, one port displaying the numerical values of the samples, the other plotting a coloured * with left/right position dependent on value of the sample (Colour values best displayed on Windows with Tera Term).