Pin Mux Tools and Muxed ADC inputs

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pin Mux Tools and Muxed ADC inputs

Contributor II

New to the pin tool and was trying to configure a KV46 MCU's multiplexed ADC inputs (ADCA Channels 6 & 7) when I go to enable any one after the first , (ADCA_ch6a, b, c etc..) the check boxes for those muxed channels turn from green to being highlighted in red. When I hover over the red boxes it displays that the routing and the SIM_ADCOPT register is multiply defined, and warn about the Channel select for the ADC channel 6 and/or 7. I guess I was wondering if I can ignore this since I will be manually controlling the mux registers in software?

Regards,

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
3 Replies

NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Brian,

you can ignore (if you want) warnings, but not errors in red. As long as there are errors, code is not generated/updated, so you have to resolve the errors.

pastedImage_1.png

You indicate that you are changing the muxing during runtime

For switching muxing at runtime you can create functions. For this you add a 'tab' in the routed pins view (you can give each tab its own name):

pastedImage_2.png

pastedImage_3.png

That way you can have both sub channels be configured, as they won't be active at the same time:

pastedImage_4.png

And you have two functions (named after the tabs) you can call for the muxing from your application:

pastedImage_5.png

I hope this helps,

Erich

0 Kudos

Contributor I

Hello Erich,

I am having the same problems has Brian. I tried your solution, however it does not work as my MCUXpresso configuration tool does not offer me the option of adding "tabs" to define sub-channels. Is there another way to do that? I am using MCUXpresso Config Tool version 5.0. My MCU is an MKV46F256VLL.

Thank you,

Pierre Garon.

0 Kudos

NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi guys,

in the latest version, tabs were replaced by functional groups, see tool bar.

For each functional group, one C-function will be generated.

Regards

Marek

Regards,
Marek