u-boot

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
niexuzhong
Contributor II

Hi everyone, I have question about customizing the u-boot in LSDK. I can use flex build to build the deault pack now ,but I have to modify u-boot setting , I review the user guide about LSDK. but there are only operation about linux coustomize,but how to modify the U-boot? I use following step to modify the  config for uboot. 

1. export ARCH and CROSS-COMPILE enviorment variable

2.cd /packages/firmware/u-boot

3.run make menuconfig to save config

4. run flex-builder -c uboot -m xxxx -b sd

then there is an error at step 4, the error message is

xxxx/flexbuild_lsdk2012/packages/firmware/u-boot is not clean, please run 'make mrproper'
in the 'xxx/flexbuild_lsdk2012/packages/firmware/u-boot' directory.
xxx/flexbuild_lsdk2012/packages/firmware/u-boot/Makefile:1759: recipe for target 'prepare3' failed
make[2]: *** [prepare3] Error 1

who can give me suggestion about it? Thank you!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

I use LS1046ARDB as an example.

1. $ flex-builder -c uboot -m ls1046ardb -b sd

2. Go to folder packages/firmware/u-boot/, please customize file configs/ls1046ardb_sdcard_defconfig according to your requirement.

3. Rebuild u-boot.

$ rm -rf build/firmware/u-boot/ls1046ardb/

$ flex-builder -c uboot -m ls1046ardb -b sd

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Please go to folder "xxxx/flexbuild_lsdk2012/packages/firmware/u-boot" to run "make mrproper" to clean u-boot source code.

No need to run step 3, when execute command "flex-builder -c uboot -m xxxx -b sd", the command "make <target>_sdcard_defconfig" will be invoked automatically.

0 Kudos
niexuzhong
Contributor II

Dear yiping:

if I use make mrproper to clean it All config will be clear, but I had changed the u-boot config by menuconfig. without the step 3, how can I customize the u-boot conifg? please give me suggestion. Thank you!

0 Kudos
yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

I use LS1046ARDB as an example.

1. $ flex-builder -c uboot -m ls1046ardb -b sd

2. Go to folder packages/firmware/u-boot/, please customize file configs/ls1046ardb_sdcard_defconfig according to your requirement.

3. Rebuild u-boot.

$ rm -rf build/firmware/u-boot/ls1046ardb/

$ flex-builder -c uboot -m ls1046ardb -b sd

0 Kudos