cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to enable Interactive DDR debugging with LS1043A

jerrymorrow
Contributor III

Hello,

I'm trying to get the 'Interactive DDR debugging' (FSL DDR> prompt) working with our LS1043ARDB development board.  I have more than a month of experience working with the SDK 2.0 (plus patch) with this development board.

Some slides from our NXP training state the CONFIG_FSL_DDR_INTERACTIVE conditional compile flag must be set, and rebuild u-boot.  Is this necessarily for the default build? 

I found a README.fsl-ddr file in this directory:

./build_ls1043ardb/tmp/work/ls1043ardb-fsl-linux/u-boot-qoriq/2016.01+fslgit-r0/git/doc

It states two different ways to enable the FSL DDR debug prompt (set environment variable, and/or press 'd' on reset), and neither of them work.

Jerry

Labels (1)
3 Replies

hawkin
Contributor II

@Jerry Morrow  I define  environment variable <ddr_interactive> as fellow:

setenv ddr_interactive 1

saveenv

reset

then can entry DDR debug mode automatic.

i can't entry DDR debug mode by entry "d"

see reference doc: README.fsl-ddr

0 Kudos

allen_j_andreu
Contributor I

hawkin wrote:

@Jerry Morrow  I define  environment variable <ddr_interactive> as fellow:

setenv ddr_interactive 1

saveenv

reset

then can entry DDR debug mode automatic.

i can't entry DDR debug mode by entry "d"

see reference doc: README.fsl-ddr

I set ddr_interactive = 1 and enabled the common debug option for uboot and still do not get to the ddr debugger prompt.

0 Kudos

Pavel
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

This option is enabled in default configuration of the LS1043ARDB u-boot.

Attached file contains the LS1043ADRB u-boot configuration file and screenshot if 'd' is pressed during u-boot starting.

Have a great day,
Pavel Chubakov

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------