Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pings drop with latest LSDK kernel ppfe firmware

Jump to solution
daviddailey
Contributor I

Hello,

I have a working board (ls1012a similar to frdm) that we have used for years with no issues with the 4.1.8 kernel from the Qoric SDK.  I tried to move to the new LSDK 18.09 kernel pulled from the codeaurora (kernel 4.14.67), and although we can ping from the platform out with no issues, pinging from another host into the platform will lose packets.  You can readily produce the loss with ping -f from a external host. 

We have also tried other kernel versions.  It seems to be related to the latest ppfe firmware or the pfe.ko device driver itself, as I can install the same kernel build on a different ARM platform and see no issues. The platform is very similar to the ls1012a FRDM board.

Do you see this issue?

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Pavel
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Is there problem for ping command from u-boot?

Look at the Sections 4.6.2.7 and 4.6.3.7 in LSDK 18.09 documentation about Basic Networking ping test.

Is there problem for this test using?

Have a great day,
Pavel Chubakov

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
daviddailey
Contributor I

We found an external network issue causing the problem. Thank you for the help.

0 Kudos
Pavel
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Is there problem for ping command from u-boot?

Look at the Sections 4.6.2.7 and 4.6.3.7 in LSDK 18.09 documentation about Basic Networking ping test.

Is there problem for this test using?

Have a great day,
Pavel Chubakov

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos