Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LS1012A SerDes

Jump to solution
luka_pirnat
Contributor II

Hello,

I'd like to know whether it's possible to have the LS1012 SerDes configured to have both the 2.5G SGMII and RGMII (MAC2). Based on Table 28-2 in the Ref. Manual the SGMII 2.5G and RGMII are mutually exclusive, so it's only possible to have the 1G SGMII when using RGMII. Is this correct?

Also, when configuring one of the SerDes lanes to output the 100-MHz TX_CLK which pins are used? I guess SD1_TX (and not SD1_RX), right? And where should I tie the other pair then (SD1_RX if TX_CLK is output on SD1_TX), to gnd via a pull-down or do I just leave it floating?

Thanks,
Luka

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
r8070z
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Have a great day,

Yes it is correct. All available SGMII 2.5G configurations are presented in the Table 28-2.

Yes SD1_TX pair is used as TX_CLK while SD1_RX pair is an input. It is recommended to connect unused SD1_RX to the GND.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
r8070z
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Have a great day,

Yes it is correct. All available SGMII 2.5G configurations are presented in the Table 28-2.

Yes SD1_TX pair is used as TX_CLK while SD1_RX pair is an input. It is recommended to connect unused SD1_RX to the GND.

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.