cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Boot LS2085a RDB from SPI?

Jump to solution
tpearson
Contributor I

Is it possible to boot the LS2085a RDB from the on-board SPI NOR Flash?  If so, what are the correct switch settings for a Revision D board?

We can handle generating the new SPI RCW, etc., but need the switch settings to enable loading the RCW from SPI.

Thanks!

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
alexander_yakov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Yes, your understanding is absolytely correct - for this moment the exact status is "not tested".

I do not see any indications about "not possible" due to board design or other limitations. The feature is listed, but currently "not tested".

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
alexander_yakov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The board is preproduction, and booting form SPI option is not tested yet. For this particular moment the only one boot option is tested and supported.

Board reference manual is currently "preliminary, confidential", so it is not correct to disclose its contents in this public community.

0 Kudos
tpearson
Contributor I

There's a big difference between "possible to" and "not tested".  If it is not possible to boot due to the board design, then we don't want to waste any further engineering effort on that avenue.  If it is technically possible but not tested, then we'll come back to this after the manual becomes public.

0 Kudos
alexander_yakov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Yes, your understanding is absolytely correct - for this moment the exact status is "not tested".

I do not see any indications about "not possible" due to board design or other limitations. The feature is listed, but currently "not tested".

0 Kudos
tpearson
Contributor I

OK, we will continue with NOR boot and come back to SPI boot later in the year.

Thank you for the information!

0 Kudos