How can I run an LPCXpresso build (compile & link) on a project from a command script?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I run an LPCXpresso build (compile & link) on a project from a command script?

stevewald
Contributor III

I am using LPCXpresso v8.1.4_606 on a 64-bit Windows 7 desktop. I need to automate a project build within a script that does several things to prepare the project input files, runs the build, then moves the resulting binaries to a storage area when complete. I thought that LPCScrypt might be useful, but it appears to run scripts for the debug/programmer dongles, not for the compiler.

#LPCXpresso

building project‌

#make

#compile

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

stevewald
Contributor III

Thanks Con Verse,

I added these directories to my Windows path:

• C:\nxp\LPCXpresso_8.1.4_606\lpcxpresso\bin
  • C:\nxp\LPCXpresso_8.1.4_606\lpcxpresso\tools\bin
  • C:\nxp\LPCXpresso_8.1.4_606\lpcxpresso\msys\bin

But lpcxpressoc.* was not in those directories. The link's instructions are almost correct. You will find lpcxpresso*.exe in (install)/lpcxpresso not in the bin directory. So you either need that directory in the path as well, or specify the full path to (install)/lpcxpresso/lpcxpressoc.exe on the command line. Please make a note of it.

WARNING to Windows users: The -build argument to lpcxpressoc is NOT a PATH, but keyword(s) for the program to find the project in the workspace specified by -data, which IS a PATH. You need a forward slash '/' between project and Release or Debug for the build arg. It took me a while to figure that out.

- Steve

0 Kudos

converse
Senior Contributor V
0 Kudos