LPC-Link-2 don't drive the reset signal of the NHS3100 target

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPC-Link-2 don't drive the reset signal of the NHS3100 target

jean-christiand
Contributor III

I use the NHS3100 dev kit that include the LPC-Link-2 probe with the LPCXpresso v8.2.2 Build 650 and the RELEASE-MRA2-11-NHS3100 firmware. It's very annoying that this setup don't drive the reset signal of the NHS3100 target, forcing to use the manual reset button all the time. I have verified with the JLink.exe that the r0 and r1 command effectively drive the reset signal low and high, so there is no hardware issue here.

As I understand, LPCXpresso load it own firmware LPC-LINK2-CMSIS-DAP V5.173 into the LPC-Link-2 booting in DFU mode to make it a probe of type LinkServer, so LPCXpresso have a complete control over the LPC-Link-2 probe. How to make it drive the reset signal before trying to connect to the core ?

0 Kudos
3 Replies

lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

If you need to drive NRESET, you should do so from a connect script. There are several LPC connect script examples in the Scripts folder of your LPCXpresso installation. Use the script to establish the initial server to target debug connection (see examples). The script command WIRETIMEDRESET is documented in the help display.

Example (untested) connect script:

10 REM  PROBELIST

20 p% = PROBEFIRSTFOUND

30 REM PROBEOPENBYINDEX p%

40 WIRESWDCONNECT p%

50 SELECTPROBECORE p% 0

60 CMINITAPDP THIS

70 CMRESETVECTORCATCHSET THIS

80 WIRETIMEDRESET p% 50

90 END

This should give you an idea.

Thanks and regards,

MCUXpresso Support

EDIT: I've looked through the existing connect scripts. The lpc8n04connect.scp connect script will probably suffice for this purpose as is. In your launch configuration, navigate to C/C++ (NXP Semiconductors) MCU Application -> <project name> Debug -> Debugger <tab> -> Connect Script, and enter the script name there

0 Kudos

jean-christiand
Contributor III

Hello, thanks for you message.

Unfortunately, the script make no change at all, either from the debugger connect script launch configuration, or when used from the LinkServer flash programming LinkServer Connect Script Option to just flash the NHS3100. Sometimes the chip is in a such state that it really need a reset signal pulse.

I was unable to locate the lpc8n04connect.scp script in my LPCXpresso installation.

Best Regards.
Jcdr

0 Kudos

lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Sorry for the miscommunication : The LPC8N04 support (including the script file) is only available in MCUXpresso IDE, not in the old LPCXpresso IDE product.

In order to use the script provided above you need to save it with a .scp file extension into the IDE installation directory:

\lpcxpresso\bin\Scripts

then referenced from the Connect Script entry of the project's launch configuration: Launch Configuration Menu 

After saving the updated launch configuration, your should then be able to see it run in the debug log as your debug session starts up.

But please note we, the IDE team, have no real experience of the NHS3100 device or it example code. Questions and issues with this device would be better posted into the NFC Community : NFC 

Regards,

LPCXpresso Support

0 Kudos