cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Writing error using IAP functions

gbassi
Contributor I

Hello,

I am devoloping a bootloader implementation for LPC4333. For that, I am using the IAP functions to write on Flash.

I am following the workflow I found in the AN10835 (for LPC2000).

I have 2 main questions:

1) Is there a way to write in a part of the sector without previously erasing it all? How?

2) If I prepare the sector and then write over it when there was a previous valid value before, the result of the Chip_IAP_CopyRamToFlash is OK (0x00) but the Flash is not with the correct values on those addresses. What can this be caused by?

Thanks!

Labels (2)
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

gbassi
Contributor I

Hello! I came back to this issue, since I am having the problem mentioned in point 2 of original question.

I use the IAP functions to write a page, but then when I check it I see there is no change in the values despite the IAP write function returns 0.

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Gaston Bassi,

Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and for the opportunity to serve you.
1) Is there a way to write in a part of the sector without previously erasing it all? How?
-- It needs to call the erase command prior to writing the flash, otherwise, the previous value will retain portion.

Have a great day,
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

gbassi
Contributor I

Hi,

Thanks for your prompt reply.

I understand the only option I have for the erase command is to erase the full sector. That means that if I need to write some information on the 64kB sectors, I would need to have a 64kB RAM buffer to first backup the content that it is already there, make the changes dynamically on RAM and then write the whole 64kB back to the FLASH. And I have only 96kB of total RAM.

Is this operation correct or there is another way to do that?

Thanks

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Gaston Bassi,

Thanks for your reply.
I think the Erase page command can address your worry.
This command is used to erase a page or multiple pages of on-chip flash memory.

pastedImage_1.png

Have a great day,
TIC

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.