cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WinUSB driver for LPC4357

ssudhir
Contributor II

Hi,

We are still trying to connect LPC4357 based custom board to Windows host using USB. Again we are using USB0 on the LPC4357 for this connection. After some digging, we got the following link where we could download WInUSB driver for LPC4357.

https://community.nxp.com/docs/DOC-339335

Initially we tried on the Windows 10 machine and when that machine failed to recognize the USB connection to LPC4357 board we used a Windows 7 host and downloaded the windows USB driver from the above link. Even after updating the driver we get the message “Unknown device” unlike the link mentions “ LPC device”

We get the following messages when we connect the LPC4357 custom board using USB to Windows 7 host.

Device Driver Software was not successfully installed

Please consult with your device manufacturer for assistance getting this device installed

Unknown Device               XFailed

Is there some other Windows driver we need? We would like to use Windows 10 host. Do you have  driver for Windows 10?

Thanks

1 Reply

bernhardfink
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Can you be sure that the USB0 port works fine on your custum board? If the quality of the connection between the MCU and the PC is not sufficient, then the driver can't be loaded correctly by Windows.

I just tested it on my Win7 PC with a KEIL MDK4357 board in USB0 boot mode and the device gets correctly identified as "LPC device".

Options:

• Try it with a good quality and short USB cable
  • Program a USB example from the LPC4357 SDK into the flash (for example a HID device, Windows has a driver inside) to see if the USB can then be identified by the PC
  • Work with a USB bus sniffer to see what's going on
  • Connect it to a Linux PC. I used Ubuntu 16.04, connected the board and with the command "lsusb" on the console I can see it:
    Bus 002 Device 006: ID 1fc9:000c NXP Semiconductors
    If you can't see it this way, then you have a USB connection quality problem

Regards,

Bernhard.