cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Programming a LPC55S16-EVK

Jump to solution
randylee
Contributor V

How do I flash an LPC55S16-EVK without MCUexpresso?  I've got a hex file that I need to send to others and have them flash their boards..

0 Kudos
1 Solution
converse
Senior Contributor V

You didn’t mention that you wanted to use SWD...

if you boards have Lpc-link2 on board, the you could program the JLink image (using lpcscrypt) and then use Jflash or jflash-lite - but you need to check the license as you may need to purchase the license (or not - I don’t know)

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
randylee
Contributor V

yup, works! Instant J-Link Lite board.  Using J-Flash lite I can program the board up.

0 Kudos
converse
Senior Contributor V
0 Kudos
randylee
Contributor V

Flashmagic doesn't look like it can program that part?   It appears to want the bootloader running on a serial port or USB port.

The dev board has what is essentially a LPC Link2 on it connected to the SWD interface of the 55S16.

Maybe I'm wrong, but it doesn't look like FlashMagic knows about JTAG/SWD interfaces on most parts....

0 Kudos
converse
Senior Contributor V

You didn’t mention that you wanted to use SWD...

if you boards have Lpc-link2 on board, the you could program the JLink image (using lpcscrypt) and then use Jflash or jflash-lite - but you need to check the license as you may need to purchase the license (or not - I don’t know)

0 Kudos
randylee
Contributor V

OK, I'll buy that approach.... anyone know if the LPC55S16-EVK debug interface is close enough to a LPC-Link2 to not brick it by reflashing it to a Jlink?

0 Kudos
converse
Senior Contributor V

Well it took me 5 seconds to find that LPC55S16-EVK debug is LPC-Link2... look at the datasheet 

0 Kudos