cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Program LPC-Link2 flash on itself

ddddkkkk00
Contributor II

Hi,

Currently, I only have one LPC-Link2 and no other JTAG/SWD device. Can I program the SPI-Flash on LPC-Link2 using the USB port on the same LPC-Link2 board? Or I must use JTAG/SWD to program the SPI-Flash?

If I cannot use USB to program SPI-Flash, are there other ways to program SPI-Flash on LPC-Link2 (apart from the JTAG/SWD)?

Labels (5)
Tags (2)
4 Replies

lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Here's a link to the LPCScrypt download page: LPCScrypt v1.8.2

ddddkkkk00
Contributor II

Thanks!

However, on my 64bit Ubuntu 18.04 it was not enough to install "libc6:i386", "libusb-dev:i386" and "uuid-dev:i386" (according to the LPCScrypt User Guide), I also installed libraries recommended here (even though it is for the LPCExpresso):

Installing LPCXpresso on Ubuntu 14.04 based distribution | The Red–black tree 

Probably, I didn't need all of those libraries (but definitely needed some of them). Anyway, LPCScrypt finally installed and works now!

0 Kudos

brendonslade
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

You can use LPCScrypt to load images via the USB port, if you put the part/board into DFU mode. Refer to the LPCScrypt documentation for information on this.

But its probably best to spend just a few more $$$ on another LPC-Link2 ... it would be much easier :smileyhappy:

ddddkkkk00
Contributor II

That worked, thanks!

I already ordered another LPC-Link2 on an internet store. Just couldn't wait to start playing with it )

0 Kudos