Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Output bin file in mutli core application

Jump to solution
ericchan
Contributor I

Dear NXP,

We are designing a bootloader for customer product firmware update.
In LPC54114 mutli core application, there are M4 and M0 core and they have their own output bin file .
I would like to confirm that if I build slave project first then build master project ?
Is the output .bin file in debug folder of master project is already included both M4 and M0 output?
So I only need to flash the "lpcxpresso54114_mailbox_interrupt_mailbox_interrupt_cm4.bin" file in master project is enough for the dual core application. Please confirm.

Secondly, I have read AN12123.pdf for LPC541xx dual core starting guide, but I still have something confuse.
Is the code and data in M0 will finally stored in RAM1_90 but not in MFlash256 of master project after compiled?
The attached files Linker output report for my both master and slave projects.
Please kindly explain which Memory region the M0 core data and code will finally stored in M4.

Thanks,
Eric

0 Kudos
1 Solution
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

HI

For dual core project, we build slave project first then build master. Thus the slave generated image will be added to master during building master. That's to say, master image includes slave.

Below is a master project setting that links of slave project:

ZhangJennie_0-1604643208412.png

When download master project, both master+slave images are downloaded.

Have a nice day,

Jun Zhang

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

HI

For dual core project, we build slave project first then build master. Thus the slave generated image will be added to master during building master. That's to say, master image includes slave.

Below is a master project setting that links of slave project:

ZhangJennie_0-1604643208412.png

When download master project, both master+slave images are downloaded.

Have a nice day,

Jun Zhang

0 Kudos