Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MCB4300 Internet Radio MP3 Decoder - Helixcommunity not working

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by DanMc on Wed Feb 12 08:18:01 MST 2014
Hello!,
Congratulations to NXP for creating an excellent demo.  This is a fantastic project to rapidly learn how to work with the dual core 43xx chips. 

I've been reading through the Internet Radio Demo PDF and have most of the project set up, but have not been able to get the MP3 decoder from the helixcommunity site.  The site looks like it's not even accepting new members. 

Is there an alternate location to get the MP3 decoder?

Thanks,
Dan
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by rgledhill on Fri Feb 28 02:50:21 MST 2014
Hi Dan,

Just replied.  For everyone else's benefit, feel free to download our integrated demo:

<< removed at request of NXP - please drop me a message instead to get the link >>

This is big but contains the complete Internet Radio Demo with working MP3 player integrated; it also allows you to play MP3 files from the micro SD card too!  It's been tested on the Keil MCB4357 development kit but should work on others.  Note this is *unsupported* so we can't field questions on it, but hopefully it'll get folks moving.  No point us all trying to solve the same problems!

The path to the project we are using is:

\LPC4357-InternetRadioDemo-1.0\IRD_Src_v1.0\applications\lpc18xx_43xx\examples\dualcore_43xx\lan_radio

Other projects may or may not work, it wasn't the focus of our work so I can't guarantee anything.

Enjoy!

Richard

(Not worried about spammers, I already get loads of junk email anyway but our anti-spam software catches them all generally.  Of course, that all might change and I might remove it again...)
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by DanMc on Mon Feb 24 06:59:56 MST 2014
Hello Richard,

I just sent you an email.  Aren't you concerned about spammers picking up your email address with it being here in a public forum?  Might be a good idea to edit your post and take that out....

Thanks!
Dan
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by rgledhill on Mon Feb 24 04:48:42 MST 2014
Hello Dan,

You're using 1.03 then...  We have managed to get the Helix MP3 decoder working - drop me a line on rgledhill@hitex.co.uk and I'll send you a copy of the project.  I can also point you to the right person to help out on the uLink Pro connection problem; a quick tip is to try connecting via both SW and JTAG methods (i.e. try each option in the Debug settings tab in uVision).

Cheers
Richard

Hitex (UK) Ltd
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by DanMc on Thu Feb 20 09:26:01 MST 2014
Hello Richard,
I can't really say.  I just installed whatever came with the demo. 

Yes, please do connect back in if you get the Helix MP3 decoder.

Since we're bending the topic, and seeing that you are with Hitex:  I also have a Hitex LPC4350 demo board.  I succeeded in flashing it via Keil uVision with a uLink Pro over the trace port, but now I can't get it to connect via the uLink Pro.  I know that this is kind of a general "it's broke" type of report, but connecting is one of those things, it works or it doesn't.  If you have any specific settings for that, please let me know.

Thanks!
Dan
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by rgledhill on Thu Feb 20 08:07:34 MST 2014
Hi,

Bending the topic slightly... are you using the LPCOpen1.03 release?  We are trying to use it with LPCOpen2.04 but it seems that NXP messed up the lwIP port for 4357 on 2.04...

Once we get to the MP3 decoding bit, if we find the Helix distribution I'll drop you a line.

Thanks
Richard
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by DanMc on Tue Feb 18 08:26:23 MST 2014
OK, thanks!  If I find an alternate decoder, I'll be sure to post the details.

I did play around with the demo using a WAV file playing off a uSD card.  Having a working demo with this degree of complexity and the source code is a very valuable tool for learning.

0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by bavarian on Mon Feb 17 05:06:33 MST 2014
Hello Dan,

I will keep an eye on it. Their CVS seems to be offline.
But as this code is well known and well established since years, a search on Google might result in some links to source projects where this decoder has been used. 

Regards,
NXP Support
0 Kudos