LPCXpresso IDE Pro Edition technical support: is LPCOpen part of this?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPCXpresso IDE Pro Edition technical support: is LPCOpen part of this?

a_bet
Contributor IV

Hi to you all,
I'm writing firmware for the LPC4370 (evaluated on a Link-2), but since I'm having lot of troubles I'm considering buying some support. In the purchase page I read:

Technical support: one year of email ticket-based support from NXP engineers on the use of LPCXpresso IDE (in addition to free forum-based support)

Is some kind of LPCopen support included?
For example, using LPC4370 I found:

• Missing support for certain peripherals (e.g. the ADCHS in the GPDMA drivers)
  • Broken examples

I've spent lot of time on the internet trying to fix this things, but now its time for me to speed things up: is there a way to get support (paying of course) from NXP regarding this kind of problems?

Regards,
Andrea

0 Kudos
2 Replies

Carlos_Mendoza
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Andrea,

The LPCXpresso IDE Pro Edition technical support is for problems related to the IDE not with the LPCOpen software. For any LPCOpen related issue you can post your question here in the community or enter a Support Case on the following link selecting the Hardware & Software option:

Sales and Support|NXP 

If you have found any broken LPCOpen examples please let us know which LPCOpen package so we can report this to the LPCOpen developers.

Regarding the HSACD examples, I would recommend you to take a look to the LPCOpen examples that show how to configure the HSADC for varying clock rates, setup the HSADC, and perform DMA based HSADC sampling (periph_hsadc) and an example for DMA transfers triggered by a timer (periph_dma_timertrig):

http://www.nxp.com/products/microcontrollers-and-processors/arm-processors/lpc-cortex-m-mcus/lpc-cor...

Another solution that might be helpful for you is the Labtool solution, which has implemented HSADC:

https://www.lpcware.com/content/project/Mixed-Signal-Logic-Analyzer-Oscilloscope-Lab-Tool-Solution%2...

Hope it helps!

Best Regards,
Carlos Mendoza
Technical Support Engineer

0 Kudos

a_bet
Contributor IV

Hi Carlos,
Thank you for the reply.
I'm already using the forum for this kind of problems, right now I need a more responsive support in using the LPC4370, one you would pay for. In the page you linked (which I already saw) I can read:

Reach the support team through private tickets if you cannot share details publicly. We may direct tickets to the community that do not contain private information. Tickets receive the same priority and are answered by the same team as community posts.

So, for example, is there a way to get support if I have troubles in configuring the microcontroller? (for example LPC43XX: Timer triggered DMA transfer? )

If you have found any broken LPCOpen examples please let us know which LPCOpen package so we can report this to the LPCOpen developers.

Here you can see 2 posts which highlight some "bug" not solved at current dev. state.

Also, the example you provided is exactly the one I stumbled upon: as I showed in the question I mentioned above (LPC43XX: Timer triggered DMA transfer? ) the timer setup is not working fo me, also, the function is commented.

I know the Labtool project is using LPc4370, in this Google Groups they are discussing some ADCHS related topics, but it is almost inactive: unfortunately not the kind of support you need while developing (as you probably guessed I'm using LPC4370 for work, not hobby).

Regards,
Andrea

0 Kudos