Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPC553X Linker Script Update

Jump to solution
martingcavallo
Contributor III

Hi everyone!

I'm still working on a project based on LPC5536 and LPC5534 MCU. For the LPC5534 version, I need to use/enable the SRAMX memory, because the SRAM memory area is insufficient.

I took a look at the linker scripts for both MCUs (mcux-sdx/devices/LPC553X/gcc/LPC553X_flash.ld), and I found that the SRMAX area memory is defined in the MEMORY command (code below extracted from LPC5534_flash.ld)

MEMORY
{
  m_interrupts          (RX)  : ORIGIN = 0x00000000, LENGTH = 0x00000400
  m_text                (RX)  : ORIGIN = 0x00000400, LENGTH = 0x0001FC00
  m_data                (RW)  : ORIGIN = 0x20000000 + RETENTION_RAMSIZE, LENGTH = 0x00010000 - RETENTION_RAMSIZE
  m_data_4              (RW)  : ORIGIN = 0x20018000, LENGTH = 0x00004000
  m_sramx               (RW)  : ORIGIN = 0x04000000, LENGTH = 0x00004000
}

However, there isn't any memory section defined in the SECTION command associated to the m_sramx memory area.

So, do you plan to update the linker script to add the definition of a section mapped to m_sramx memory area?

Thanks in advance!

BR,

Martin

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
CarlosGarabito
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

do you plan to update the linker script to add the definition of a section mapped to m_sramx memory area?

For the moment, not, but the automatic detection and use of project local .ldt files is an integral part of the managed linker script mechanism. For more details, please see chapter 18, "Memory Configuration and Linker Scripts" in the MCUXpresso IDE v11.0 User Guide. In particular, section 18.3 "How are Managed Linker Scripts Generated?" and section 18.4, "FreeMarker Linker Script Templates".

You can use this document as a reference for modifying the linker and memory locations https://community.nxp.com/pwmxy87654/attachments/pwmxy87654/mcuxpresso-ide/525/1/Relocating%20Code%2...

Best Regards

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
CarlosGarabito
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

do you plan to update the linker script to add the definition of a section mapped to m_sramx memory area?

For the moment, not, but the automatic detection and use of project local .ldt files is an integral part of the managed linker script mechanism. For more details, please see chapter 18, "Memory Configuration and Linker Scripts" in the MCUXpresso IDE v11.0 User Guide. In particular, section 18.3 "How are Managed Linker Scripts Generated?" and section 18.4, "FreeMarker Linker Script Templates".

You can use this document as a reference for modifying the linker and memory locations https://community.nxp.com/pwmxy87654/attachments/pwmxy87654/mcuxpresso-ide/525/1/Relocating%20Code%2...

Best Regards

0 Kudos
martingcavallo
Contributor III

Hello Carlos!

I appreciate your response. Thank you so much. 

I've implemented something similar to your suggestion. I am using makefile, so I copied the linker file to a local folder in the project, modified it, and then I modified the linker file path in the makefile. This is running perfectly.

Best Regards!

Martin

0 Kudos