cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPC552x/S2x/S6x

Uzi
Contributor II

Hi,

They might be simple questions, but nevertheless, I would like to verify..

1. I see that the "security" version of the LPC55S28JBD100 is more available than the non-secured (LPC5528JBD100 ).

If I use the Secured version IC - can I consider it as 100% drop-in-replacement for the non-secured version? I.e - same SW and same HW (of course, without using the secured features that exist only in S version). assuming of course, that I refer to same package (i.e LQFP100).

2. On top of the last question, can I also consider the LPC55S69JBD100 as a replacement for the LPC55S28JBD100 if I do not use the "extra features" that the S69 ofers (i.e - dual core dsp accelerator) ? 

3. Can I say that those 3 components has actually same pin functionality assuming I use the basic (or common) funciality of the LPC5528JBD100 ? which is another way to say that the S28 and S69 are based on the 28 with additional features.

LPC5528JBD100 

LPC55S28JBD100 

LPC55S69JBD100 

I want to understand if any pin definitions as GPIO/UART/SPI/etc will be different for each of the above.

4. For SW aspect - can I burn same code for S and non-S version if the security-features are not used? or it will require different compilation for each?

I'm referring to the the product family comparison where I see that the "security system" is considered as "optional", so I guess that the SW/HW can be developed with the secured version but is only optional to be actually used: https://www.nxp.com/products/processors-and-microcontrollers/arm-microcontrollers/general-purpose-mc...

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

_Leo_
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @Uzi,

Thank you so much for your interest in our products and for using our community.

I noticed that you have another similar case, so I will follow up on this last one that I mention.

Have a nice day!