Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPC54114 write and read Data

Jump to solution
Dineshkumar_J
Contributor III

Hi,

I am a new buddy to the LPC54114 family of NXP. I have been working for more than three days on writing user data to the EEPROM.Now only I know that there is no EEPROM in the LPC54114 family as per the Datasheet. Is it correct?

If yes, is there any way to store the data in the MCU rather than Flash iap library. Because as per my study over the API documentation of Flash iap the data that can be stored with the copyRamtoFlash should the size multiple of 256. I need to write and read the data.

Any possible answer would be helpful for me

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
1 Solution
soledad
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

There is no EEPROM in LPC54xxx family.

When writing to the flash, the following limitations apply:

1. The smallest amount of data that can be written to flash by the copy RAM to flash command is 256 byte (equal to one page).

2. One page consists of 16 flash words (lines), and the smallest amount that can be modified per flash write is one flash word (one line). This limitation exists because ECC is applied during the flash write operation.

3. To avoid write disturbance (a mechanism intrinsic to flash memories), an erase should be performed after 16 consecutive writes inside the same page. Note that the erase operation then erases the entire sector.

Remark: Once a page has been written to 16 times, it is still possible to write to other pages within the same sector without performing a sector erase (assuming that those pages have been erased previously).

Have a great day,
Sol
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Dineshkumar_J
Contributor III

Hi @soledad,

Thanks for your quick reply. I think It would be helpful for me.

Have a great day,

Dinesh

0 Kudos
soledad
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

There is no EEPROM in LPC54xxx family.

When writing to the flash, the following limitations apply:

1. The smallest amount of data that can be written to flash by the copy RAM to flash command is 256 byte (equal to one page).

2. One page consists of 16 flash words (lines), and the smallest amount that can be modified per flash write is one flash word (one line). This limitation exists because ECC is applied during the flash write operation.

3. To avoid write disturbance (a mechanism intrinsic to flash memories), an erase should be performed after 16 consecutive writes inside the same page. Note that the erase operation then erases the entire sector.

Remark: Once a page has been written to 16 times, it is still possible to write to other pages within the same sector without performing a sector erase (assuming that those pages have been erased previously).

Have a great day,
Sol
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos