Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPC51U68 stuck in low power mode

Jump to solution
omer_tchernicho
Contributor I

hello,

im using an LPCxpresso 51U68 and i accidently stuck it in an endless low power mode (deep sleep) loop.

because it is stuck in low power mode -  i cant re-programm it or gain control over it with my debbuger.

my question is - is there a way to release it from low power mode from the outside? something like an external erase of the cheap memory?

if not, what can i do (if any) to release it from this state?

p.s.

reset won't work as it goes back to low power mode just after reset.

thank you

omer

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
brendonslade
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Did you try holding down the ISP0 button and pressing/releasing reset? That should get you into the ISP ROM routines and all the debugger to connect. Once you've done that, use the mass erase feature in the MCUXpresso IDE (or use flash magic or Segger utilities to do it if you are using another toolchain).

You should need to do this, but if reset doesnt work try holding down ISP0 while disconnecting/reconnecting power.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
brendonslade
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Did you try holding down the ISP0 button and pressing/releasing reset? That should get you into the ISP ROM routines and all the debugger to connect. Once you've done that, use the mass erase feature in the MCUXpresso IDE (or use flash magic or Segger utilities to do it if you are using another toolchain).

You should need to do this, but if reset doesnt work try holding down ISP0 while disconnecting/reconnecting power.

0 Kudos
omer_tchernicho
Contributor I

it worked, thanks!

0 Kudos