cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPC51U68 USB Bootload doubt

filipecostapica
Contributor I

Hello to everybody!
I'm new to NXP micro so sorry if the following questions are pretty basic.
Currently, I'm customizing my own board with LPC51U68 micro and I do have some questions regarding bootload through USB.
1- Is it possible to boot a binary firmware file to the flash using USB or should I use JTAG pins through an OM40005 board? I've seen the documentation regarding ISP modes (3.2 PIN description of LPC51U68 User manual) but I'm pretty confused. 

2-If I need a developer board will I need mandatory an OM40005 or can I use an OM13058 for instance?
3-I've connected directly LPC51U68 USB pins to USB connector and when I reset the LPC51U68 my PC finds CRP DISABLD disk (see attached image) but when I replace the firmware.bin to another binary file and reset LPC51U68, it finds the same previous firmware.bin file (manufacturer firmware). What am I doing wrong?

Hope you can help me.

All the best,
Filipe Costa

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Filipe Costa

You can use USB Mass storage boot mode with below settings.

pastedImage_1.png

2. To develop LPC51U68, please use board OM40005 LPCXpresso51U68

3. in USB Mass storage boot mode, remove old firmware.bin file. then drag and drop the new application firmware.bin to the CRP DISABLD disk. reset board to normal working mode, you should be able to see the application works. if go into USB Mass storage boot mode again. I verified the firmware.bin is not the same one as previous file.

Have a great day,
Jun Zhang

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

filipecostapica
Contributor I

So using USB Mass storage boot mode I can boot firmware to my LPC51U68 without OM40005 LPCXpresso51U68. i.e- connect USB to PC and to LPC51U68. Is that correct? 

All the best,
Filipe Costa

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Yes, we USB Mass storage boot mode we can boot firmware with LPC51U68 USB port.

Have a great day,
Jun Zhang

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

filipecostapica
Contributor I

Thank you!

Best regards,
Filipe Costa

0 Kudos