cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPC43S67 periph_sdmmc example error

omidathari
Contributor II

Hello

I an using an lpc34S67 (OM13084) along with a OM13082 general purpose board and trying to run the periph_sdmmc example and I get the following error output.

Initializing RTC (might take few seconds)...Done
Hello NXP Semiconductors

***SDCARD demo***
Opening MESSAGE.TXT from SD Card...Card Acquire failed...
Failed.
Failed with rc=3.
Done.
Printing contents of MESSAGE.TXT...
Failed with rc=9.
Close the file.
Failed with rc=9.
Create a new file (hello.txt).
Failed with rc=13.
Write text data "Hello world!" to HELLO.TXT
Failed with rc=9.
0 bytes written.
Close the file.
Failed with rc=9.
Open root directory.
Failed with rc=13.
Directory listing...
Failed with rc=9.
Test completed.

The a fomatted card containing "message.txt" file is plugged into the sd card slot on the sheild board OM13082

Any ideas

Omid Athari

Labels (5)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

Svenifax
Contributor III

On Revison B boards the documentation (UM10940) states:

Boards from revision B onward include a FET placed in-line with the VDD connection to the SD/MMC card slot (see Section 4.7). Revision B and later boards have revision printed on the silkscreen on the underside of the board near the board name; revision A boards do not have the revision shown.

On revision B and later boards there is a FET placed in-line with the VDD connection to the SD/MMC card slot. This enables the power to this peripheral to be controlled using a GPIO connection from pin 1 of CN8 LPC GP Shield.

signal-2020-11-30-120529.jpeg

So it's very easy to enable VDD for the SD-Card slot:

Pin1 of CN8 is connected to P2_12 (GPIO1.12). We have to set this GPIO to low to enable VDD.

In the LPCOpen 3.02 samples we have to add in file lpc_board_nxp_lpcxpresso_4337\src\board.c a few lines of code in function Board_SDMMC_Init():

void Board_SDMMC_Init(void)
{
	Chip_SCU_PinMuxSet(0x1, 9, SDIO_DAT_PINCFG);	/* P1.9 connected to SDIO_D0 */
	Chip_SCU_PinMuxSet(0x1, 10, SDIO_DAT_PINCFG);	/* P1.10 connected to SDIO_D1 */
	Chip_SCU_PinMuxSet(0x1, 11, SDIO_DAT_PINCFG);	/* P1.11 connected to SDIO_D2 */
	Chip_SCU_PinMuxSet(0x1, 12, SDIO_DAT_PINCFG);	/* P1.12 connected to SDIO_D3 */

Chip_SCU_ClockPinMuxSet(2, (SCU_MODE_INACT | SCU_MODE_INBUFF_EN | SCU_MODE_FUNC4));	/* CLK2 connected to SDIO_CLK */
	Chip_SCU_PinMuxSet(0x1, 6, SDIO_DAT_PINCFG);	/* P1.6 connected to SDIO_CMD */
	Chip_SCU_PinMuxSet(0x1, 13, (SCU_MODE_INBUFF_EN | SCU_MODE_FUNC7));	/* P1.13 connected to SDIO_CD */

/* Enable VDD for MMMC */
	Chip_SCU_PinMuxSet(0x2, 12, (SCU_PINIO_FAST | SCU_MODE_FUNC0));
	Chip_GPIO_SetPinDIROutput(LPC_GPIO_PORT, 1, 12);
	Chip_GPIO_SetPinState(LPC_GPIO_PORT, 1, 12, (bool) false);
}

With this fix the sample was running without a wire between SD pin 4 and VDD.

0 Kudos

omidathari
Contributor II

Perfect.

Thank you for all your help

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Omid Athari,

You are welcome, If your problem is solved, please mark the correct answer to close this question, thank you!

Have a great day,
Kerry

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Omid Athari,

I found the OM13082 general purpose board didn't connect the SD card pin 4 to the VDD.

So, please add a wire between your OM13082 general purpose board  SD card pin 4 to VDD,  you also can check the SD card pin 4, whether it has 3.3V after you connect the board to your LPCXpresso LPC43S67 board.

Now, I modify my board,  and test the lpcopen periph_sdmmc example which download from this link:

LPCOpen Software for LPC43XX|NXP 

After insert a SD card, I can create the hello.txt successfully.

1. Solid a wire between SD pin 4 to 3.3V like this picture:

SD PIN4->CN7_12

pastedImage_2.png

2. Because in the lpcopen periph_sdmmc example , the code read the MESSAGE.TXT at first:

rc = f_open(&Fil, "MESSAGE.TXT", FA_READ);

you can create a MESSAGE.txt in your SD card before, the he code will read successfully.

3. These are the printf in the com from my side:

pastedImage_3.png

After running the code, you will find there has a HELLO.text file in the SD card.

pastedImage_4.png

Please follow my step, and do it again.

BTW, if in your own SD card design, for the stable working, I suggest you add the external 10K pull up in the SD card pin like the mini card circuit in the MCB4357 board:

pastedImage_6.png

Wish it helps you!

If you still have question, please let me know!

Have a great day,
Kerry

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

jmccabe
Contributor II

Thank you so much for this; absolutely perfect fix. 

0 Kudos