LPC18xx Current Consumption

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPC18xx Current Consumption

longtruong
Contributor I

I am unable to get the active current consumption (28 mA @ 60 Mhz) as stated in the datasheet.  I'm getting about 50 mA. Can you provide the software code which was used to verify the current consumption stated in the datasheet?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Long,

Please tell me your chip's full name, I will test it on my side.

Besides, what the board you are using? You need to make sure the test point just measure the LPC currect, and don't contain other chip's current.

Waiting for your reply!

Have a great day,
Jingjing

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

longtruong
Contributor I

Hi Jingjing,

The board is the NGX LPC1837 Explorer board and running out of flash therefore current should be a little higher than running out of RAM as stated in the datasheet.  All major components on the eval board have been removed to get more accurate current measurements. 

Thanks,

Long

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Long,

This board is really very old, I even can't find this board from the website and it's schematic, I also don't have this board.

Actually, the power consumption is not only relate to the software(the modules you are enabled), it is also relate to the hardware, the power consumption test point, the pcb layout.

Please make sure the test power consumption just contains the cpu, no other hardware component.  Besides, the test point should close to the chip.

To the software, don't enable the peripheral, just test the CPU run with core.

Have a great day,
Jingjing

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos