cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPC11C12 External Clock on XTALIN

Jump to solution
jeremyleaf
Contributor I

I want to use an external clock source (a 12MHz TCXO) fed into the XTALIN pin of the LPC11C12 microcontroller. This could either be as a clipped sine wave (0.8V peak to peak, no negative swing) directly from the TCXO, or I could put it through a schmitt trigger to get a digital input at whatever voltage level. I read in the datasheet that to do this I should put the XTALIN pin into bypass mode (pg 29 of user manual) to allow this, but there is no mention of required voltage level/duty cycle/digital or sine input etc.

The user manual only says (at multiple points) with relation to the XTALIN pin  - "Input to the oscillator circuit and internal clock generator circuits. Input voltage must not exceed 1.8 V.", but nothing else.

Could anyone help me with this?

Thanks

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Jeremy Leaf ,

Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and 
for the opportunity to serve you.
Please checking the 11.2 XTAL input section in the attachment, I think it's very helpful.
LPC11Cxx datasheet:

Have a great day,
TIC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Jeremy Leaf ,

Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and 
for the opportunity to serve you.
Please checking the 11.2 XTAL input section in the attachment, I think it's very helpful.
LPC11Cxx datasheet:

Have a great day,
TIC

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos