cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPC 812 - debugging running device

vojtechhavlicek
Contributor III

Hi,

I would like to know, if there is any way to debug running MCU LPC812? I have source code, project, original bin file and I just need to debug MCU without flashing device with new (old) firmware (I suspect that ther could be some problem with corrupted image on flash).

Other way would be to download flash from MCU to PC. Is it possible?

Thank you for your reply.

Vojta

4 Replies

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi

Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and
for the opportunity to serve you.
Another way would be to download flash from MCU to PC. Is it possible?
-- Yes, it's possible and you can learn how to do it by referring to
https://learn.adafruit.com/getting-started-with-the-lpc810/programming-the-lpc810-with-flash-magic

Have a great day,
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

converse
Senior Contributor V

It is described in the MCUXpresso User Guide - attach to running target (section 12.3.2 in the 11.0.0 version)

vojtechhavlicek
Contributor III

Hi,

thank you for your reply. To edit launch configuration I have to double click on file ProjectNameDebug.launch as mentioned in user guide? Project was imported from LPCXpresso 7.4.0. and when I click on the debug launch configuration in file tree it opens only text editor. There is no menu.

0 Kudos

vojtechhavlicek
Contributor III

Ok, 

no problem, new launch configuration file has been created with first debug.

0 Kudos