JLink can not support LPC5514?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JLink can not support LPC5514?

geweilin
Contributor II

I have a Jlink V10 and it can support LPC54618 well in a previous project. But when try to use it to debug the LPC5514 in another project, and give the tips: "The selected device LPC5514 is unknow to this version of the J-Link software." (as the attached picture 1). And this was confirmed by checking the support device list, LPC5514 not in the list.(as the attached picture 2, other device such as LPC5516 also not supported).

Then I want to know how to solve this problem?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
9 Replies

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello weilin ge ,

Which version of MCUXpresso IDE do you used? 

Please use the latest MCUXpresso IDE v11.1.1.

I check on my side, it support lpc54114.

pastedImage_1.png

Have a great day,
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

geweilin
Contributor II

The IDE version I used when I asked questions was 11.1.0.

Now I have followed the latest version of 11.1.1.  

The problem changed, but it still failed.

The details are shown in the attached picture.jlink debug failed.png

0 Kudos

chrispflieger
Contributor IV

That doesn't look like a software  / debugger problem - it looks like your target hardware has a problem.

0 Kudos

geweilin
Contributor II

The hardware has no problem, because it debug and running well when using LPC-Link2. 

At present, our team has more JLINK debuggers, only a few lpc-link2 debuggers. So it is a problem to know whether JLINK supports lpc5514. If so, we need to buy more lpc-link2.
0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Weilin,

Jlink should support LPC5514.

Please check the power of your chip, because LPC-link2 can give power to target when JP2 is closed,

you can make it open to have a test.

And there is a thread just like your issue, not about this chip, but the connect error is the same:

[SOLVED] Target, Connect J-Link - Error: Check connection and target interface type - SEGGER Embedde...        

Regards,

Alice

0 Kudos

geweilin
Contributor II

Thank you for your support! The problem has been solved because the JLINK adapter board I used (20pin to 10PIN) has misconnected port. There is no problem after replacing the adapter board.jlink_adapter.jpg

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

OK, thanks for your sharing.

0 Kudos

geweilin
Contributor II

Need help from NXP!

0 Kudos

converse
Senior Contributor V

Is this a custom board (of your design) or a purchased board from a 3rd party? From the log, the debugger is having problems reading from the chip, which could indicate either power problems, or problems with you SWD connection. Have you read https://community.nxp.com/thread/388998 

0 Kudos