How can i set up to create CLOCK for External (CLKOUT)?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can i set up to create CLOCK for External (CLKOUT)?

Jump to solution
leeyoungjae
Contributor II

Dear friend,

Working Environment.

Testing Board : LPC-LINK2

MCU : LPC4370

Develop Tools : LPCXpresso (free) and LPCOpen (demo code)

Main Test Interface : ADCHS

Main Test Peripheral : LINE SCANNER by ADCHS

I am working to testing ADCHS on LPC-link2 board that is using LPC4370 MCU.

My result is the following after analysis of MY project.

•      I have to get ADCHS value from LINE SCANNER that is working 8MHz clock. So I have to create external clock for LINE_SCANNER
  •     This Clock will be connected to ADCHS external triggers for triggering.
    • I saw Manual (UM10503-USER-Manual) section 48.7.6 and Section 18.4.25

Please let me your solution to create clock for LPC4370 in LPC-link2 board.

1.      Am I right analysis for connecting and getting ADCHS with LINE SCANNER ?
  2.       I am doing to create Clock which is 8MHz to out CLKOUT (P1_19 port)
    1.      How can I set up to make 8MHz clock that will be route P1_19 for CLKOUT ?
Labels (5)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi LEE Young Jae,

Thanks for your reply. I think I missed one information before.

To generate the clock via the CLKOUT pin ( you choose the P1_19), you need to active clock block and select clock source simultaneously via the BSE_OUT_CLK register at first. Next to configure the P1_19 to output clock via the Pin configuration register as the Table 192 illustrates.

2017-05-15_14-54-34.jpg

In the previous reply, I pointed out that hardware triggers is not necessary to connect some additional PWM to trigger the ADCHS,

The internal hardware trigger will connect the ADCHS automatically via configuring the GIMA module.

Hope this is clear.
Have a great day,
TIC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi LEE Young Jae,

Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and the opportunity to serve you.

1) Am I right analysis for connecting and getting ADCHS with LINE SCANNER ?

No, you're incorrect. The hardware triggers is not necessary to connect some additional PWM to trigger the ADCHS.

Have a great day,
TIC

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
leeyoungjae
Contributor II

HI jeremyzhou,

How can i set up (configure) ADCHS device with additional device (Line Scanner).

Additional device is Line Scanner that is need external clock(8MHz) for output analog result.

if you have idea for LPC4370 environment, Please let me know step by step .

Thanks.

0 Kudos
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi LEE Young Jae,

Thanks for your reply. I think I missed one information before.

To generate the clock via the CLKOUT pin ( you choose the P1_19), you need to active clock block and select clock source simultaneously via the BSE_OUT_CLK register at first. Next to configure the P1_19 to output clock via the Pin configuration register as the Table 192 illustrates.

2017-05-15_14-54-34.jpg

In the previous reply, I pointed out that hardware triggers is not necessary to connect some additional PWM to trigger the ADCHS,

The internal hardware trigger will connect the ADCHS automatically via configuring the GIMA module.

Hope this is clear.
Have a great day,
TIC

0 Kudos