cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Having trouble getting computer to connect to LPCXpresso54628 board

Jump to solution
Goku
Contributor I

I'm having trouble connecting the NPX board. Below is how I've connected my board. 1.PNG

I've tried running LPCScrypt, but I keep getting this error.

thumbnail_image002.png

Also tried activating the debugger through MCUXpresso IDE, but nothing shows up.thumbnail_image003.png

This is what I'm seeing in device manager. 

thumbnail_image005.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution
HangZhang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi @Goku 

If you plug in a USB cable, it will provide power to the board and the LED will blink. However, when I saw the picture, your LED did not blink. So please try to replace the USB cable and  new board. If the USB cable is not a problem, it should be that the board is broken.

Hope this will help you.

BR

Hang

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
frank_m
Senior Contributor III

> Also tried activating the debugger through MCUXpresso IDE, but nothing shows up.

This supposedly means you came across the installation of LPC-Link drivers during installing LPCXpresso. Is this correct ?

> This is what I'm seeing in device manager. 

This looks like the driver is missing. Have you tried to install/re-install the driver from within the "device manager" ?

Have you tried another USB ports (on the same PC) ?

Have you tried another PCs ?

0 Kudos
Goku
Contributor I

Yes, I've already installed the LPCXpresso Link2 USB driver package. 

Uninstalling the device and updating the driver, using a different PC, using a different USB cord did not fix the issue.

0 Kudos
HangZhang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi @Goku 

If you plug in a USB cable, it will provide power to the board and the LED will blink. However, when I saw the picture, your LED did not blink. So please try to replace the USB cable and  new board. If the USB cable is not a problem, it should be that the board is broken.

Hope this will help you.

BR

Hang

0 Kudos
Goku
Contributor I

Seems like the USB was the issue. Thanks!

0 Kudos