cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About LPC1768 programming problem

gary_yang
Contributor I

Dear Sir:

We are a third-party programmer manufacturer.
Please help about LPC1768 programming issues.
P2[10] pull low of our circuit, using SWD IAP programming
When copy RAM to Flash / erase, if CCLK is not set according to the current frequency, will there be any problems in programming?

Thanks

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

gary_yang
Contributor I

Dear Sir:

We refer to the document "UM10360.pdf" LPC176x/5x User Manual 32.3 Description.
There is a description "When entering ISP mode after power-on reset, IRC and PLL are used to generate 14.748MHz CCLK", as shown in the figure below.

01.jpg

When P2[10] is pulled low, CCLK is set to 4000kHz, after using SWD IAP programming, power-on reset again, will it affect the programming result?
Is it feasible to set CCLK to 4000kHz? Do you have a recommended setting?

Thanks

0 Kudos

xiangjun_rong
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

I have checked the data sheet of LPC17xx, but I have not found out the spec of the required CCLK frequency when you call the IAP function.

How about configuring the CCLK as 14.748MHz using PLL before you call IAP function?

BR

Xiangjun Rong

0 Kudos

gary_yang
Contributor I

Hi,
Thanks for your reply.
How about that? I have a idea.
After power cycle, initial the system clock to default 4Mhz in my "ram application"(run app in lpc1768 ram), whatever device into application mode or ISP mode.

I can make sure that the current system clock is default and I can know exact CCLK to send for "Copy RAM to Flash" and "Erase sector".

Here is my initialize code for clock.

WeChat 圖片_20211013171313.png

By the way, send a incorrect CCLK or is not current system clock. What will happen for device? Any risk?
In my experience, I sent a incorrect CCLK in my side, the flash data will be wrong after flash programming.

Thanks

0 Kudos

xiangjun_rong
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

This is my opinion, when you erase or program flash, the driving flash clock must be in a range, out of the range, there is issue to erase/program flash. But I can not get the flash clock spec now.

In the IAP function to erase/program flash, the CPU Clock Frequency CCLK must be high enough so that the flash driver in IAP can divide it to an appropriate frequency for flash. If CCLK is too low, the flash driver can not get the appropriate frequency by a divider.

You can write the PLL register so that you can get 14.748MHz, you can output the clock to the CLKOUT pin so that you can test via a scope.

Hope it can help you

BR

Xiangjun Rong

0 Kudos

xiangjun_rong
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

For LPC1768, the P2[10] pin is multiplexed P2[10]/EINT0/NMI, furthermore, it is an ISP pin, in other words, if you connect external pull-down resistor to the pin, after you download application code to the flash of LPC1768, after Reset, the LPC1768 will enter ISP mode, it can not execute application code. But I think the pull-down resistor on the P2[10] does not take effect on programming LPC1768 with JTAG.

In general, user has to connect the P2[10] pin to a hardware button, when user wants to enter ISP mode to download application via uart, he can press the button so that the P2[10] is low, the LPC1768 enters ISP mode after Reset. When user wants to execute application code, just keep the button in release state, the P2[10] will be high, application code will be executed after Reset.

Hope it can help you

BR

XiangJun Rong

0 Kudos