cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About Bootloader on LPC54018

oscarniño
Contributor III

Hi

I have some questions, I hope somebody could help me.

Question 1:

About hardware by UART; I just need ISP pins(PIO0_6, PIO0_5 & PIO0_4) and RESET pin to handler it?

Question 2:

I suppose I need a reset and active (PIO0_6, PIO0_5 & PIO0_4 -> HIGH, HIGH, LOW) to entry to bootloader right?

Question 3:

In MCU Bootloader v2.5.0 Reference Manual is mentioned "void run_bootloader(void * arg)" function as a way to go to bootloader, it means it coud be called in my user application for example from a serial command from a master MCU to LPC54018?

Question 4:

If the last question is right, I suppose I do not have to set ISP pin (PIO0_6, PIO0_5 & PIO0_4 -> HIGH, HIGH, LOW) to keep it in bootloader section? (This is to left these pin unused and command it from user application).

Question 5:

I knew that bootloader is a factory feature, so, why it comes with the SDK? Do I have to flash it anyway?

Thanks.

Best Regards

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Oscar Niño ,

Question 1:

About hardware by UART; I just need ISP pins(PIO0_6, PIO0_5 & PIO0_4) and RESET pin to handler it?

-> Do you mean enter ISP_UART mode? If yes, you are right.

Question 2:

I suppose I need a reset and active (PIO0_6, PIO0_5 & PIO0_4 -> HIGH, HIGH, LOW) to entry to bootloader right?

-> Yes, this is entry bootloader (ROM bootloader).

Question 3:

In MCU Bootloader v2.5.0 Reference Manual is mentioned "void run_bootloader(void * arg)" function as a way to go to bootloader, it means it coud be called in my user application for example from a serial command from a master MCU to LPC54018?

-> NO.

Question 4:

If the last question is right, I suppose I do not have to set ISP pin (PIO0_6, PIO0_5 & PIO0_4 -> HIGH, HIGH, LOW) to keep it in bootloader section? (This is to left these pin unused and command it from user application).

-> The MCU Bootlaoder v2.5.0 is not the same with ROM bootloader, there isn't any relationship .

Question 5:

I knew that bootloader is a factory feature, so, why it comes with the SDK? Do I have to flash it anyway?

-> The ROM bootloader is a factory feature, while the MCU Bootloader under SDK is open source bootloader,

customer can use it and also can development another bootloader refer to this code.

Hope it helps,

Have a great day,
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

oscarniño
Contributor III

Thanks for Reply Alice_Yang

Is there a bootloader for this board that I could use for create my own bootloader? I mean: I need to create a bootloader by UART without using any pins active. For example:

After reset, LPC54018 waits one second before go to user application. After this for example go to check an specific flash address to know if there is a user application, if yes, go to user application, if not keeps on bootloader waiting for a command to start to write flash with valid user application.

Could you help me?

Best Regards

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Oscar,

The official bootloader for this chip, there is only MCU bootloader under SDK.

Have a great day,
TIC

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

oscarniño
Contributor III

Thanks for reply Alice_Yang, please could you tell me in which document I can find Flash APIs for this chip?

Best regards

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Helo Oscar,

There is no internal Flash in LPC54018, which Flash APIs do you meaning?

BR

ALice

0 Kudos

oscarniño
Contributor III

Hi Alice_Yang

Yes this is a flashless device, I mean functions that I could use to write packets of data on external flash to update firmware(custom bootloader). I'm trying to undersatand flashloader from SDK to create a custom bootloader but it could be more ease if I would know the functions that are used to access external flash.

Best Regards

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Oscar,

About the bootloader of SDK, you can find the Flash APIs in spifi_nor folder and spifi :

pastedImage_1.png

And there also a simple Flashdrivers example under MCUXprsso IDE if you installed it :

MCUXpressoIDE_11.0.0_2516\ide\Examples\Flashdrivers\NXP\LPC5460x\LPC5460x_lpcspifilib_driver.zip

Have a great day,
TIC

Note:

0 Kudos