Pin sharing(?) Pullup on UART_RX

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pin sharing(?) Pullup on UART_RX

lokuate
Contributor III

Previously (before KSDK) I could configure pin sharing where I could put a pull-up resistor on a UART_RX pin (I do this as my design requires, saving me the external pull-up).

With KDSK 1.2.0 I cannot seem to find where to configure using processor expert. Can you please help e with this.

I liked Processor Expert as it was before KSDK, why did they change it so much???

I'm working with KL27.

Thanks,

C

Labels (1)
1 Reply

adriancano
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Using Processor Expert with KSDK you can see the pin_init component that is created when you create the project for the device.

pininit.jpg

This component allows you to configure the complete BSP for your project: pin functionality and more.

You can change the configuration of the component in the Component Inspector. In this case you can go to UAR tab to see the available pins for the UART. There you can select to drive an specific pin to the UART module.

uartpins.jpg

if you right-click on the Pin/Signal selection of the pin you can find the pin functional properties there you can select to enable the pull and the pull-up for the pinpinprop.jpg

pinselect.jpg

After you Generate the code you will find in Generated_code > pin_init.c the initialization code:

init code.jpg

Hope this information can help you

Best Regards,
Adrian Sanchez Cano
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos