New Kinetis SDK Project Generator v2 is available!

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

For downloading this tool please go to Software Development Kit for Kinetis MCUs|Freescale

Features mentioned in Release Note:

The following features are available with the KSDK Project Generator 1.0 GA tool:

• Cross platform
    • Operates on Windows, Linux, and Mac OSX
    • Developed in 32-bit Python 2.7 on Windows 7, Ubuntu 14.10, OSX 10.10 & 10.11
  • Supports KSDK 2.0, KSDK 1.3.0 and 1.2.0 (and is needed to install KSDK 1.2/KSDK 1.3)
  • Quick Generate of development board based KSDK projects
  • Advanced Generate of New KSDK based projects
    • Device or development board based
    • Linked to KSDK installation or standalone
    • RTOS support
    • HAL or Platform library level projects
    • Libraries in standalone projects tailored to device package
    • KDS, IAR EWARM, Keil MDK, and/or Atollic TrueSTUDIO IDE projects
  • Advanced Generate of KSDK ‘demo_apps’ Clones
    • Clone projects located in ‘demo_apps’ folders for each development board
    • Linked to KSDK installation or standalone clones

93617_93617.pngKSDK_project_generator.png

93618_93618.pngKSDK_project_generator_2.png

Known issue for cloning example as standalone project:

Please see my workaround here KSDK Project Generator - BUG workaround

Enjoy this tool !

Any feedback is welcome!

Best Regards,

Iva

Labels (1)
Comments

Thanks a lot for the release, I tried different Advanced options, it works great.

Hope it comes with a help or user guide describing the details about Library config (platform vs hal), device or board, include BSP or not, etc.

Agreed, this is a great tool. I did find a minor bug when creating a standalone project.

The location for mqx_sdk_config.h ends up being  PROJECT_LOC\..\rtos\mqx\config\mcu\xxx\mqx_sdk_config.h. The processor isn't being resolved correctly. In my case it should have been MK60D10

While I'm at it, what is the best way to report bugs or make suggestions?

Hello Larry,

thank you for your feedback. I will pass it to development team.

I can confirm the result also on my side.

Best Regards,

Iva

Hello.

I tried the project generator and i think it is a nice tool.

I would like to ask where is the linker file flash.ld? in my case when i create a variable and try to run the project i can see that it is not on RAM range and the variable is not usable. am i doing anything wrong?

Iva, I don't see any possibility for adding USB framework to the generated project. Am I missing something or is this planned for later?

Hi Edriano,

In case you clone the project and import it to KDS (from user_apps folder located c:\Freescale\KSDK 2.0\SDK_2.0_FRDM-K64F\boards\frdmk64f\user_apps), you will see i.g. MK64FN1M0xxx12_flash.ld file under your project shown below:

flashld_.png

Kind Regards,

Iva

Hi Alex,

unfortunately, this option is not possible by Project Generator Tool.

But I will pass this feedback to Development Team, thank you.

Anyway, you can take a look at examples for USB under <ksdk2.0_path>\boards\frdmk64f\usb_examples\

and try it according to USB Stack User´s Guide.pdf where is described procedure how to develop new USB application.

Please see chapter 4.1.2 How to develop a new device application

usb.png

I hope this helps you.

Best Regards,

Iva

I seem to have found a bug. With this configuration, the project keeps generating forever, continually filling and clearing the progress bar. It creates the myProject directory but no files have been placed there.

KdsProjGen.jpg

Also, if I choose a generated 2.0 SDK, only the KDS toolchain shows up as an option (didn't see this obvious known issue in the Release Notes).

Lack of USB code generation and no pin mapping utility is a problem as well. Finally, a Users Guide is badly needed, even with the lack of features. This software doesn't seem to have any real value at this point. I think this version is too premature to have been released. When is the next planned update?

Hi Paul,

If my understanding is correct, I can´t confirm this bug on my side.

I tested with your configuration and it works without problems. Generating process successful finished and in folder are placed all needed files.

Please see the attached video.

To your second point, it depends, what tool chain did you select when you download the KSDK 2.0. So if you selected KDS, you will see KDS.

With USB Stack - it is a good point, there is only option for cloning demo_apps examples and is not possible to add USB Stack to your code using this tool.

I will ask about this option for future release and let you know.

Thank you for your valuable contribution.

Kind Regards,

Iva

Thanks Iva. I'm very encouraged by the support response I see on these

forums.

On Thu, Feb 25, 2016 at 5:25 AM, ivadorazinova <

Greetings Iva,

thanks for this link! Using the Project Generator V2, I created a simple blinky project using FreeRTOS on KDS. So I select these under "Advanced Generate". Then I simply import the project(right mouse click -> import -> Project of Projects) and corresponding RTOS_lib in my project workspace. But I get error when I build the KDSK_FreeRTOS_lib_MKKindly refer the two screenshots.

Proj Generator.PNG

lib file build errors.PNG

What do you suggest?

Regards,

Nirav

I disagree with you wholeheartedly on the value of this tool. If you've experienced the pain of trying to create a standalone project without it, you immediately recognize the amount of time this tool saves. It may not be perfect yet, but just because you are having problems with it doesn't mean other people won't find it useful.

Well, my main point is that the tool doesn't add any value (in its present form) if you've already generated an SDK. All the example projects and associated library code are already there, so you don't have to create a standalone project. The other points are:

- documentation is minimal;

- it has some obvious bugs;

- USB functions aren't supported yet (which the SDK generated code has);

- it doesn't have any pin mapping utility associated with it, which would bring real value for the 2.0 SDK.

I look forward to seeing new versions with added functionality (particularly pin mapping) and documentation. From all appearances NXP is continuing to dedicate resources to this area. My experiences with the SDK-generated library and examples so far have been very positive.

No ratings
Version history
Last update:
‎10-30-2015 01:13 AM
Updated by: