cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LLS and Watchdog

Jump to solution
voider
Contributor II

I´m making some tests and as I can see looks like watchdog stop to run when I enter in LLS mode.

Is that right or I´m doing something wrong?

my configuration is

const wdog_config_t watchdog1_InitConfig0 = {   .wdogEnable = true,   .clksrc=kWdogLpoClkSrc,   .prescaler = kWdogClkPrescalerDivide1,   .workMode.kWdogEnableInWaitMode = true,   .workMode.kWdogEnableInStopMode = true,   .workMode.kWdogEnableInDebugMode = false,   .updateEnable = true,   .intEnable = false,   .winEnable = false,   .windowValue = 0U,   .timeoutValue = 2048U, };

thanks

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello  Vioder,

No,  when the K64 chip in LLS mode , the WDOG will not work .

Please see here at your RM:

pastedImage_0.png

Hope it helps

Alice

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Voider,

Yes , you are right ,

the COP counter does not increment while the

microcontroller is in debug mode or while the system is in stop (including VLPS or LLS)

mode.

Which chip do you used ?

You can check the Reference manual of your chip , for example the chip of  KL25 ,

from the reference manual , the part of this :

3.4.10 Computer Operating Properly (COP) Watchdog

Configuration

pastedImage_0.png

Hope it helps

Have a great day,
Alice Yang

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
voider
Contributor II

Thanks for your quick reply. 

I´m using K64 processor and the manual where I´m trying to find some information is:

Document Number: K64P144M120SF5RM Rev. 2, January 2014

The information that I found is that I can use LPO and LPO stay active in LLS mode, so I think watchdog will stay active also.

And In 24.3.36 says that watchdog still run in stop but take twice as expected time to fire.

5.7.1 PMC 1-kHz LPO clock

The Power Management Controller (PMC) generates a 1-kHz clock that is enabled in all

modes of operation, including all low power modes. This 1-kHz source is commonly

referred to as LPO clock or 1-kHz LPO clock.

Table 7-2. Module operation in low power modes (continued)

Modules Stop VLPR VLPW VLPS LLS VLLSx

1kHz LPO ON ON ON ON ON ON in VLLS1/2/3, OFF in VLLS0

24.3.6 Low-power modes of operation

Stop Where the bus clock is gated, the WDOG can run only on low-power oscillator clock

(CLK_SRC=0) if it is enabled in stop (STOP_EN=1). In this case, the WDOG runs to time-out

twice, and then generates a reset from its backup circuitry. Therefore, if you program the

watchdog to time-out after 100 ms and then enter such a stop mode, the reset will occur after

200 ms. Also, in this case, no interrupt will be generated irrespective of the value of

IRQ_RST_EN bit. After WDOG reset, the WDOG reset counter will also not increment.

I do not found anything about LLS.

Do you think watchdog in K64 will not work in LLS  like KL25 ?

Thank you

0 Kudos
Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello  Vioder,

No,  when the K64 chip in LLS mode , the WDOG will not work .

Please see here at your RM:

pastedImage_0.png

Hope it helps

Alice

0 Kudos