SPI driver read not functioning with KSDK 1.2.0

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPI driver read not functioning with KSDK 1.2.0

Kewal
Contributor IV

I have found similar issues in other threads(link below), but my issue is slightly different as I am able to achieve the SPI communication as required using PDD.

SPI issue on KSDK V1.2.0 (at least on FRDM-KL25Z board)

I tried pulling down the SCL as suggested in other threads.

attached is the screen shot below where the read is working properly and the config follows

125259_125259.JPGSPI with return data.JPG

I am trying to communicate to MAX3107 IC with CPOL =0 and CPHA = 0 at 5MHz 

125260_125260.JPGSPIConfigthruCW.JPG

While I am working with KSDK 1.2.0 and KDS 3.0 , I have done a similar Master configuration on my side. I am unable to recieve any data by doing

if(kStatus_DSPI_Success == DSPI_DRV_MasterTransferBlocking(FSL_PCCPDSPICOM,

&PCCPdspiCom_BusConfig0,

tx_buff,rx_buff,

no_of_bytes+1,1000))

I am able to see that the data is successfully written on MOSI  but there is no response on MISO, i just tried to see if there is any glitch on clock with 50MSPS(maybe i need a better sampling rate to see the glitch here, otherwise also i pulling it low)

125390_125390.JPGSPIdatawithnoresponseandanalgclock.JPG

the configuration follows.

125391_125391.JPGSPIconfigwithKDS.JPG

is there anything which I am suppose to do but I am missing with configuration.

Also, my code looks something like this.

bool ReturnValue = false;   memset(tx_buff,0x00,128);   tx_buff[0] = reg_address;            uint32_t SetDelay = 0;            DSPI_DRV_MasterSetDelay(FSL_PCCPDSPICOM,kDspiPcsToSck,560,&SetDelay);   DSPI_DRV_MasterSetDelay(FSL_PCCPDSPICOM,kDspiLastSckToPcs,560,&SetDelay);   DSPI_DRV_MasterSetDelay(FSL_PCCPDSPICOM,kDspiAfterTransfer,560,&SetDelay);     if(kStatus_DSPI_Success == DSPI_DRV_MasterTransferBlocking(FSL_PCCPDSPICOM,                                                                    &PCCPdspiCom_BusConfig0,                                                                    tx_buff,rx_buff,                                                                    no_of_bytes+1,1000))         {           ReturnValue = true;         }         else         {           PRINTF("Write_to_SPI - Failed");           ReturnValue = false;           }

Any suggestions also appreciated.

Thanks,

Kewal

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

Kewal
Contributor IV

While my pin settings are as below with drive strength high (Drive strength Low will be a thing to try from a suggestion from another thread)

For SDI, SDO, PCS

Pinsettings.JPG

For SCLK below settings with pull down

PinsettingsClk.JPG

0 Kudos

isaacavila
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Kewal,

If I understood correctly, you are able to receive data when using PDD component but you are not, when using KSDK and PEx support, aren't you?

If so, I would recommend you to check any differences between SPI registers in both projects (mainly in CTAR register, that configures some delays and other settings for the transfer). I suggested this because what i could find in your images, both signals are almost the same, but probably there are difference for example in duty cycle in CLK signal or other timing that is configurable for DSPI module.

I hope this can help you!

Best Regards,

Isaac

0 Kudos