cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KSDK eMMC support

kalden_srcinc
Contributor IV

Hello,

I am integrating a K65 with an eMMC chip.  I am using the K65 SDHC peripheral for this.  We had assumed that since the KSDK supports this peripheral that eMMC access would also be supported, but that does not seem to be the case.  The code detects the presence of an eMMC card and then returns a NOT_SUPPORTED_YET failure.  I investigated MQX 4.2, and while the code is different the behavior looks to be the same.

We are looking at modifying fsl_sdhc_card.c to support eMMC (or simply creating a emmc_card.c), but I was wondering if freescale has any plans to add this support to the SDK?

Thanks

Labels (1)
4 Replies

wesleyhunter
Contributor II

I have this exact same need on a MK64 chip and have been using KSDK 1.3 but still it is not suported. Since NXP has bought Kinetis now and it seems the KSDK has been re-architected in KSDK 2.0, I'm wondering when if ever they will updated the library to support eMMC?

Is there a work around for this? Can anyone suggest any code or where I can find code/library to make use of eMMC on my board?

0 Kudos

ivadorazinova
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Kevin,

thank you for your feedback.

I find out the information and I will contact you.

Just for information : Do you really use KSDK 1.2?

Because in KSDK1.1 was no support for K65 board.

Best Regards,

Iva

0 Kudos

kalden_srcinc
Contributor IV

We use KSDK 1.2

0 Kudos

ivadorazinova
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Kevin,

I asked SW developers for details and the result is that we have no support for eMMC yet.

But we have plan to implement it in future KSDK.

Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

Have a nice day!

Best Regards,

Iva

0 Kudos