Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create a custom board project based on K64

Jump to solution
rijupeter
Contributor I

Hi

I am bringing up the custom board designed based on K64 micro. During the bring up I used Tower K64 based projects for USB and ethernet interfaces. And KDS 3.0 and KDSK 1.2 with processor expert for bringing up peripherals interfaces like UART, SPI etc.

Now I need to create a project exclusively for my custom board with USB, ethernet, SD CARD, file system support on MQX platform.

Please share me any document which explains the procedure. Most of the time I can see the documents which written for KDSK 1.2, is referring to KDSK 1.1 folder structure.

Basically I do not want to modify the TowerK64 folders for my custom board.

Would greatly appreciate  any help on this.

Regards

Riju

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
ivadorazinova
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Riju Peter,

sure,I´m attaching the file.

I hope this helps,

Iva

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
ivadorazinova
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Riju Peter,

for migration custom boards we have created document as I am attaching you.

The document shows you needed steps as how to create the device specific files, build the platform library, you must create configuration files for the board and modify them.

I hope this helps,

Iva

0 Kudos
rijupeter
Contributor I

Hi Iva,

Thanks for your quick response.

The attached user guide tells about how can we add new chip support.Basically I am not looking for that. I want to do board specific customization. Also In this doc it explains for  IAR.  Do you have a version for KDS also?

a) I am using KDS 3.0. Basically I am looking for similar to BSP cloning wizard, like I can create a folder "my_customboard" under "examples" folder  from tower k64 and customize it. Is there any script or tool available to do that.

b) Also I referred "MQXKSDKPUG.pdf" to migrate MQX RTOS v4.1.1 project to MQX RTOS for Kinetis SDK. But this is for KDSK 1.1 version. Do you have the same document for KSDK 1.2 version?

Regards

Riju

0 Kudos
rijupeter
Contributor I

Hi Iva,

Please let me know if you have any update on the above query

Regards

Riju

0 Kudos
ivadorazinova
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Riju Peter,

no, because you have custom hardware, the procedure is the same for KDS.

Please, I find guide written for KDS, please look at it here FTF-DES-F1147 - Mastering Kinetis SDK - Advanced.pptx

is it on page 80 - Porting KSDK to custom hardware.

Please, let me know if it helps you.

Best Regards,

Iva

0 Kudos
rijupeter
Contributor I

Hi Iva,

Seems I do not have access right to open the PPT. Could you please share the same

Regards

Riju

0 Kudos
ivadorazinova
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Riju Peter,

sure,I´m attaching the file.

I hope this helps,

Iva

0 Kudos
rijupeter
Contributor I

HI Iva,

Thank you for sharing the PPT. It is really informative. I tried the beta version of KSDK project generator tool. But it is not giving “advanced” option to create new project.

Could you please let me know if any version available with “advanced” option.

Thank you,

Regards

Riju

0 Kudos
ivadorazinova
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Riju Peter,

at the moment KSDK Project Generator has only Beta version, because develop is still in progress.

The Advance option is for official version and at the moment we do not know exact term for the official version.

Please, what information are you missing in the documents?

Best Regards,

Iva

0 Kudos
rijupeter
Contributor I

Hi Iva,

Basically I want to create a standalone version of the project which we can create only using “official” version of the KSDK project generator.

I will try out the experiments as per the documents shared by you.

Thanks a lot for your help

Regards

Riju

0 Kudos