Change Processor for KSDK Example Project

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change Processor for KSDK Example Project

tedmawson
Contributor III

I managed to get the LPTMR example project running and loaded onto my FRDM-KL03Z board using KDS.  Now I want to move that program to my own board which uses a different variant of the KL03 processor so I copied the project but I can't see anywhere in the project properties where I'd specify the actual processor version, can someone point this out to me?

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

dereksnell
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Ted,

The derivative in your case should be CPU_MKL03Z32CAF, with no ‘R’ on the end.  In the part number, the ‘R’ just means it comes on a reel.  Also, in KSDK v1.3.0, you can find all the supported CPU derivatives in the file \KSDK_1.3.0\platform\devices\fsl_device_registers.h.  So if in doubt, you can search in that file for your MCU and find the macros available there for your derivative.

And I apologize about the second image.  That screenshot is for the IAR toolchain, and it does not apply to the KDS toolchain.  I need to update the training presentation to fix that error. 

Thanks

tedmawson
Contributor III

Derek, thanks.  I did get some code running on my hardware thanks to your support.  One detail, my processor is a MKL03Z32CAF4 so the derivative should be specified as CPU_MKL03Z32CAF4 not CPU_MKL03Z32CAF, thought you might want to update your post for accuracy.

0 Kudos

dereksnell
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Ted,

In KSDK, the MCU derivative is changed using a preprocessor macro definition in the project settings.  Below is a link to a KSDK hands-on training.  Slides 93-99 cover how to change the derivative.

https://community.freescale.com/docs/DOC-328379

In KDS, to change over to a different hardware debugger, you can select or add a different Debug Configuration.  Use the KDS menu Run->Debug Configuration.  For example, to use a P&E Multilink debugger, select a Debug Configuration under “GDB PEMicro Interface Debugging”, see screenshot below.  Also, the KDS User Guide installed at C:\Freescale\KDS_v3.2.0\doc\KDS_Users_Guide.pdf has more details on Debug Configurations, in section “Debugging Projects”.

To copy a KSDK project using KDS, please refer to this link

https://community.freescale.com/docs/DOC-330662

Thanks

Debug Configurations.jpg

0 Kudos

tedmawson
Contributor III

Derek,

I read through the slides you linked to, I changed the processor derivative in the dialog box shown below and got 'no valid processor selected errors when I tried to compile.  I changed it back to the original ...VFK4 and it did cure the errors.

pastedImage_0.png

But I can't find the dialog box you showed on slide 97 "Option for Node..." (YOUR slide shown below)

pastedImage_2.png

Does it matter that I haven't yet changed from the FRDM-KL03Z on board programmer to my PE Multilink yet?  I thought I'd just try to change the processor being compiled for and get that compiling but now I wonder if the system would block me trying to specify a processor that wasn't used on the Freedom board.

Ted

0 Kudos

xiangjunrong
Contributor IV

Hi, ted,

the Kl03 has device specific register, pls refer to section 14.5.13 Unique identification Register in the KL03P24M48SF0RM.pdf at page 194, you can read them to know the device/ version of the chip.

Hope it can help you.

BR

XiangJun Rong

0 Kudos

tedmawson
Contributor III

I know exactly which processor I want, the question is how do I change to my processor in a KDS project that was originally intended for a different variant?  My processor is the MKL03Z32CAF4R but the processor on the FRDM-KL03Z is a MKL03Z32VFK4, the difference is packaging and pin count but I'm pretty sure that the silicon is the same so maybe my issue is a non-issue?

0 Kudos