what interface and hardware circuitry is required to program the MK22FN1M0AVLH12?.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what interface and hardware circuitry is required to program the MK22FN1M0AVLH12?.

Jump to solution
brentgreenwald
Contributor III

I am combing the kinetis reference manual looking for what interface and hardware circuitry is required to program the MK22FN1M0AVLH12.  So far, the only interface I've seen that seems to be used for programming is the EzPort.  Is this how the MK22FN1M0AVLH12 is programmed and is it the only way?  Do you have any idea what other circuitry is required to use this port?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi

Customer could find the JTAG interface circuit from here (chapter 2.1.5.3 Debug interface).

Customer also could check the TWR-K22F120M board schematics for the related debug circuit.

Wish it helps.

Have a great day,
Ma Hui
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi

Customer could find the JTAG interface circuit from here (chapter 2.1.5.3 Debug interface).

Customer also could check the TWR-K22F120M board schematics for the related debug circuit.

Wish it helps.

Have a great day,
Ma Hui
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
brentgreenwald
Contributor III

We actually are going to solder the chip onto the board and wanted to figure out what kind of peripheral we needed to program the chip like: 6 pin, 10 pin, micro usb, exedra. Also, is their any cheaper programmers for the K22F chip set? I'm on a budget for my research and I am trying to find something around $120 at most.

0 Kudos
Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi

NXP provide Kinetis Freedom boards, which provides on board OpenSDA/OSJTAG debugger tool could be used to debug external Kinetis products.

Please refer below document for the detailed info:

https://mcuoneclipse.com/2013/04/21/using-the-freedom-board-as-jtag-programmer/

The Kinetis FRDM boards could be found from below link:

Freedom Development Boards|NXP

Customer could consider to use FRDM-KL46Z board, below link with more detailed info:

FRDM-KL46Z|Freedom Development Platform|Kinetis MCU|NXP

I also checked the Segger J-Link EDU tool, which price is about US$60:

SEGGER - The Embedded Experts

The P&E Multilink Universal tool, which support more MCUs, the price is about US$199:

P&E Microcomputer Systems: Over 30 years as an Industry leader in Embedded Systems Development Tools...

Wish it helps.

Have a great day,
Ma Hui

angelo_d
Senior Contributor I

Hi Brent,

generally cortex-M have JTAG for this purpose, and so seems MK22FN1M0AVLH12.

Also, openocd seems to offer that target:

scripts/target/kx.cfg:# Freescale Kinetis Kx series devices:

Regards,

angelo