Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

smallest kinetis parallel bus - flexbus

Jump to solution
mjg8t
Contributor IV

Hi There,

I am having a hard time filtering the kinetis devices for the smallest device with a parallel bus. 

It appears that the flexbus is the general parallel interface used on kinetis?

What is the smallest kinetis device that supports flexbus?  There is not currently a parametric parameter for parallel or flexbus that I can find. 

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
electronherder
Contributor II

There are some K10 and K20 devices that are small and have the FlexBus.  The smallest that I have found is in a 64-pin LQFP.  Here is an example: MK10DX64VLH7.  You should contact your local Freescale sales office and they should be able to give you a complete list of parts with the FlexBus.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
apanecatl
Senior Contributor II

This is the smallets Kinetis device featuring Flexbus: MK10DX128VLH7

0 Kudos
electronherder
Contributor II

Doesn't the MK10DX64VLH7 have FlexBus?  Same package as the MK10DX128VLH7 but less flash.

0 Kudos
mjg8t
Contributor IV

That is what the datasheet says, which is why I selected your answer as correct.  Myabe Pedro has more information that the datasheet doesn't share.

0 Kudos
electronherder
Contributor II

Thanks MJ.  Here is a link to that part number which confirms it has FlexBus:

http://www.freescale.com/webapp/search.partparamdetail.framework?PART_NUMBER=MK10DX64VLH7&lang_cd=

P.S. I like you avatar :smileyhappy:

0 Kudos
mjg8t
Contributor IV

Thanks for the answers guys.  I hope this gets added to the parametric search eventually. 

Cheers.

0 Kudos
maugloria
Community Manager

Hi M J,

Thanks for letting us know about your trouble finding products with "Flexbus" in the selector.

If you face another issue related to the Product Selector, please let me know posting a message on this group:

https://community.freescale.com/groups/parametricfeedback

The goal of this group is to inform the new features, know issues and to hear all your feedback related to the tool.

I will follow up on your request and let you know my findings.

Thanks!

Mauricio.

0 Kudos
mjg8t
Contributor IV

For instance the K64 device has a listed flexbus in sub family reference manual, but not in the product selector guide

This would make is easy to miss the peripheral when selecting the part, where there are many sub family reference manuals that one would need to go through to find if the device has flexbus. 

Can someone confirm that k20, k10 devices do not have the external bus interface (flexbus)?

0 Kudos
electronherder
Contributor II

There are some K10 and K20 devices that are small and have the FlexBus.  The smallest that I have found is in a 64-pin LQFP.  Here is an example: MK10DX64VLH7.  You should contact your local Freescale sales office and they should be able to give you a complete list of parts with the FlexBus.

0 Kudos