cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hardware triggers

Jump to solution
d2014
Contributor I

I am wondering which Kinetis chip can have an digital input rising or falling edge reset and start a counter. All of this is done via hardware without bothering the processor core. The processor will use this ramp timer to make PWM signals.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi David,

I'd like to suggest that you can choose the KL25, the timer module TPM can support to not start incrementing after it is enabled until a rising edge on the EXTRG_IN pin is detected (Fig 1).

2015-07-23_12-47-58.jpg

Fig 1

You can learn more detail information about this MCU through the link as below.

http://cache.freescale.com/files/32bit/doc/ref_manual/KL25P80M48SF0RM.pdf?fasp=1&WT_TYPE=Reference%2...
Have a great day,
Ping

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi David,

I'd like to suggest that you can choose the KL25, the timer module TPM can support to not start incrementing after it is enabled until a rising edge on the EXTRG_IN pin is detected (Fig 1).

2015-07-23_12-47-58.jpg

Fig 1

You can learn more detail information about this MCU through the link as below.

http://cache.freescale.com/files/32bit/doc/ref_manual/KL25P80M48SF0RM.pdf?fasp=1&WT_TYPE=Reference%2...
Have a great day,
Ping

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
d2014
Contributor I

i didnt know about this chart, thank you. I didn't know i could use the comparator output to start a timer.

0 Kudos