cannot load flash programming algorithm

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cannot load flash programming algorithm

sagajun
Contributor I

I developed a board based on MKL17Z128VLH4, and it works already with my app.

Then I changed the schematic and add some new function in 2nd version, and I got new PCBA now.

But I can not load my app to MKL17Z128VLH4.

The error shows that Cannot Load Flash Programming Algorithm!.

If I change the start address of RAM for Algorithm from 0x1FFFE000 to 0x1FFFF000, I can download the app, but it runs to Hardfault_Handler error in SystemInit().

I did not change any VCC GND reset connection in 2nd version schematic.

Is any suggestions for me?

Thanks very much.

MKL17Z128VLH
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi 工张,

I have some points need to check it with you.

1. Do you try this MDK project on your 1st version board, whether it has the same problem with this project now?

2. Do you change the MDK version between the 1st and 2nd version?

Please tell me your MDK version which you are used now.

You don't need to change the RAM address, your MKL17Z128VLH4 should start from 0x1FFFE000 is correct.

I suggest you also try it on your 1st version to check it again, if the 1st version also have the same problem, it may the MDK updated problem.

Please check it, then give me the updated information.

Have a great day,
Kerry

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

sagajun
Contributor I

Hi Kerry,

1. The MDK project runs correctly on 1st version board.

2. I didn't change the MDK version.

The MDK version is 5.24.1。

Is it possible to buy fake MCU? In order to get PCBA earlier, our buyer bought these MCUs from Taobao for 2nd version board.

Thanks,

zhanggj@lelink-iot.com

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Zhang,

Thanks for your updated useful information, and sorry for my later reply, as you know ,China's National Day.

If you buy it from the Taobao, it has the high possibility to buy the fake MCU, you need to go to the correct path to buy it, please buy it from our distributor: digikey, mouser, or element14, more details, please check this link:

Distributor Network|NXP 

DON'T buy the NXP chip from Taobao, otherwise the chip quality can't be guaranteed.

I meet some customer who also buy the fake chip from Taobao.

Please change the chip, and try it again.

Have a great day,
Kerry

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos

sagajun
Contributor I

We replaced the chip, and it works. ....

Thanks,

zhanggj@lelink-iot.com

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Good! This is just an experience in China :smileyhappy:

If you still have question in the future, welcome to create the new question post!

Have a great day,
Kerry

0 Kudos