Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 8.1 and Freedom KL25Z4

Jump to solution
me_
Contributor II

Hello,

i set up Windows 8.1 from Dreamspark on my PC and have some difficulty now to work with the Freedom KL25Z4.

It starts to blink after a couple of second in Bootloader mode and MSD as well. Plugin it in to a windows 7 PC makes it work directly and in a the proper manner, switiching back to windows 8.1 makes it unresponsive again.

So maybe somebody have the same experiences?

REgards

1 Solution
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

P&E has released v114 of the OpenSDA firmware which fixes the issue reported in this thread.

Additionally that new firmware combines USB CDC, Debug App and MSD bootloader.

New P&E OpenSDA Firmware v114 | MCU on Eclipse

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

yes, I have seen yesterday this in my class with several Win 8.1 machines (Win 8.0 works fine). The OpenSDA bootloader is not able to load SDA files.

I have reported this to P&E with additional details, so I hope they are able to fix it. Until then, use non-Windows 8.1 machines for changing the firmware.

FRDM Board Bootloader fails with Windows 8.1 Preview | MCU on Eclipse

Erich

me_
Contributor II

Hi,

thank you for your reply. Just wanted to let you know that i am using the final windows 8.1 from dreamspark/msdnaa.

so therefore you maybe can add this to your post to P&E and also in your Blog... :smileyhappy:

regards

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I was under the impression that the final 8.1 is not out yet. At least in my country it still hosts the preview version.

me_
Contributor II

Hey Erich,

afaik it does not depend on the country but on the program you subscribed. Win 8.1 is available on a premium program since 25.9..

What i tried so far is do disable and/or exclude the drive from defender, but it seems to have no effect on that particular problem

Regards

quevedo
Contributor V

I am using Windows 8.1 final version in Brazil in my home laptop, and it does not let me change the OpenSDA app to debugger. MSD flasher does not work either. Fortunately, I have a win7 computer which I can use, and most of the time I use the debugger, which works OK.

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I have reported the problem to P&E, and they confirmed that they see the issue too. They are working on it. I have not seen a solution or workaround yet (except using pre-Win8.1 for changing the firmware.

As you say, the problem is with the bootloader: debugging itself is not affected.

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

P&E has released v114 of the OpenSDA firmware which fixes the issue reported in this thread.

Additionally that new firmware combines USB CDC, Debug App and MSD bootloader.

New P&E OpenSDA Firmware v114 | MCU on Eclipse

0 Kudos
3times1day
Contributor I

Hi,

I use MC9S08JM60 + CodeWarrior 10.5. 

I follow a document AN3927 and use project AN3927SW to add USB MSD Bootloader in my device. USB MSD Bootloader works with Windows 7/8, but fails with Windows 8.1.

It looks like same problem. P&E fixed it, but relesed binary file only. I don't know where is the bug in AN3927SW and how to fix it.

Does anyone have a solution?

Thanks.

0 Kudos