Which IDE/SDK to use?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which IDE/SDK to use?

Thumper_LV
Contributor I

I'm exploring options for a new design. I've never worked with NXP tools before. I'm currently looking at the KEA64 lineup as a good fit for my needs. But I can't get started with the software tools. The webpage for these processors lists MCUXpresso as an IDE/SDK for them - but I don't see them in the list. I tried downloading the "S32DS" package - I don't see where to get started with this either as it looks like an addon to another package.

0 Kudos
4 Replies

Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi

Since the KEA series is an automotive-grade MCU, its SDK and IDE are different from Kinetis MCU. That's why you can't find KEA in MCUXpresso.
You can download FRDM-KEA Quick start package (REV 8 ) or Sample Software Drivers for KEAZ64/128 using S32DS from FRDM-KEAZ128: KEA Freedom Evaluation Board website.
Those examples are developed with S32 Design Studio for Arm 2018.R1 – Windows/Linux(REV 2018-R1).

Best Regards,
Robin
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

johns_chuang
Contributor III

Hi Robin

Is there an SDK for S32DS that is compatible with S9KEAZN8?

Regards,

Johns

0 Kudos

Thumper_LV
Contributor I

How do I start the IDE? I downloaded the zip file, extracted it, and all I see are various .jar files - none of which execute.

And is the KEA a product suitable for new designs?

0 Kudos

Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Have you download and install S32DS? S32DS_ARM_Win32_v2018.R1_b180326.exe

The SDK of KEA is not good as other MCUs. Do you consider using the S32K1 Microcontrollers for Automotive General Purpose?

0 Kudos