Which CAN interface does FRDM-KE06Z supports?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which CAN interface does FRDM-KE06Z supports?

Jump to solution
Amit_Kumar1
Senior Contributor II

Hi

I wanted to know if the CAN present in FRDM-KE06Z supports

1) 29 bit ID frame

2) CAN-FD (CAN with Flexible Data rate)

3) Is it possible for this board to communicate with K60 series using CAN?

Kind Regards

Amit

1 Solution
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Thank you for your interest in Freescale Kinetis product, I would like to provide service for you!

1: Yes, KE06 supports 29bit ID frame by setting the ID extended bit in the according register.

About details, please check the KE06 reference manual.

2: KE06 have MSCAN module, it is implementing the CAN 2.0A/B protocal, it isn't the CAN-FD.

3. If you want to using CAN communicate the KE06 with K60, you should use the CAN bus Transceivers.

Wish it helps you!

If you still have question, please let me know!

Have a great day,
Jingjing

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

4 Replies
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Thank you for your interest in Freescale Kinetis product, I would like to provide service for you!

1: Yes, KE06 supports 29bit ID frame by setting the ID extended bit in the according register.

About details, please check the KE06 reference manual.

2: KE06 have MSCAN module, it is implementing the CAN 2.0A/B protocal, it isn't the CAN-FD.

3. If you want to using CAN communicate the KE06 with K60, you should use the CAN bus Transceivers.

Wish it helps you!

If you still have question, please let me know!

Have a great day,
Jingjing

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

Amit_Kumar1
Senior Contributor II

Hi Jingjing

Thanks for the quick response.

1. In FRDM_KE06Z board, The CAN trans-receiver is present i.e SN65HVD230D, I think that should do the job. What do you suggest?

2. What is the difference in MSCAN and CAN present in K60 uc?

Regards

Amit

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Amit Kumar,

1. Yes, you can use SN65HVD230D as trans-receiver.

2. FlexCan is more flexible than Mscan, the FlexCAN module contains much more sophisticated state machine than the MSCAN module.

FlexCAN can automatically respond to a remote frame.

About more details, please compare the features in the KE06 and K60 reference manual.

Wish it helps you!

Have a great day,
Jingjing

Amit_Kumar1
Senior Contributor II

Thanks For the update.

0 Kudos