Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using P&E Multilink Universal on K60.

Jump to solution
danielchai
Senior Contributor I

Hi All,

I just got a P&E Multilink Universal, and I want to download the code to K60 tower using it.

But after connecting the P&E Multilink Universal's  mini 20 pin to TWR-K60 JTAG pin and USB port to the PC, the blue light is on but the yellow light is not on.

when I am trying to download code to the TWR-K60 board, it said "Cannot communicate with the target processor! Please check your connections between the cable and target and make sure the target has power". It can detect the Multilink Universal: UMultilink Universal RevB on USB1(Name=PE5656415).

It seems the P&E Multilink Universal can not recognize the K60.

Is there any jumpers I need to set on K60N512 tower board when I use the P&E Multilink Universal?

Any ideas about this?

Thanks.

-Daniel

0 Kudos
1 Solution
dereksnell
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Daniel,

The yellow LED on the Multilink indicates target power.  If your LED is not lit, it means either the MCU is not powered, or perhaps the ribbon cable from the board to the Multilink is reversed or not properly connected.  You can power the Tower with USB like you are doing.  You can quickly verify the MCU and JTAG header are powered by looking at the voltage on pin1 of the JTAG header.  If there is a valid voltage there, then I suggest you double-check your cable from the board to the Multilink.  Make sure pin1 on the JTAG headers are connected together and the ribbon cable isn't reversed.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
dereksnell
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Daniel,

The yellow LED on the Multilink indicates target power.  If your LED is not lit, it means either the MCU is not powered, or perhaps the ribbon cable from the board to the Multilink is reversed or not properly connected.  You can power the Tower with USB like you are doing.  You can quickly verify the MCU and JTAG header are powered by looking at the voltage on pin1 of the JTAG header.  If there is a valid voltage there, then I suggest you double-check your cable from the board to the Multilink.  Make sure pin1 on the JTAG headers are connected together and the ribbon cable isn't reversed.

0 Kudos
danielchai
Senior Contributor I

Hi Derek,

I figured it out. The P&E company messed up the 20-pin mini flat ribbon cable.

Thanks.

-Daniel