Unable to trace down the cause of a reset. Any ideas what else I could try?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to trace down the cause of a reset. Any ideas what else I could try?

Jump to solution
frankputnamjr_
Contributor I

Using FRDM-KL26Z board. Code developed using Kinetis Design Studio. Program is to receive a packet of data and respond with a packet of data. It ignores the first 7 packets and starts to respond to the 8th packet. Before the packet can be completely sent a reset occurs. I have separated the K20 reset out to insure it was not causing it. I have also looked at 0x4007F000 when the reset occurs but it is all zeros. I would greatly appreciate some additional thoughts on how to debug this.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi FRANK PUTNAM,

When you do the flash operation, please disable the global interrupt, otherwise.

If the interrupt happens during the flash operation, it may cause the undesirable reset.

Wish it helps you!

If you still have question, please contact with me!

Have a great day,

Jingjing

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
frankputnamjr_
Contributor I

Have determined the interrupt is occurring when the flash is being updated.

0 Kudos
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi FRANK PUTNAM,

When you do the flash operation, please disable the global interrupt, otherwise.

If the interrupt happens during the flash operation, it may cause the undesirable reset.

Wish it helps you!

If you still have question, please contact with me!

Have a great day,

Jingjing

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
frankputnamjr_
Contributor I

Kerry,

Thanks

Frank Putnam, Jr.

0 Kudos
davidsherman
Senior Contributor I

Is the watchdog disabled? You say you read from that address (reset status), but are you using the memory view, or actually reading the register?  You might look to make sure it's indicating that a power-on reset occurred if it's really reading all zeroes. 

0 Kudos